Potty Training
Options

PT my 34 month old Son, help!

We are on day 6 of PT my son, he will be 3 yo in June. He started out GREAT! Ran to the bathroom every time he had to pee, and successfully went. We are doing naked, while at home. That worked great, so we decided to start using underwear. He had a few accidents, but figured it out, and then we had that mastered. But then out of no where, he started having accidents & couldn't keep his pee in his potty anymore, so we transitioned to the big toilet. That took a bit of work, but he mastered it in one day.
BUT now, he'll say "I have to go pee!" He'll run to the bathroom, get on the toilet, but only pee a little bit & then once he's done in the bathroom, he'll have an accident 2 minutes later because he's not peeing completely on the toilet. :-/ not sure how to fix that?
Also, he won't poop on the toilet or potty, and refuses to go in his diaper. So he's been holding it. :/ any tips on helping him to poop?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PT my 34 month old Son, help!

• Options
    LC122LC122 member
    As for the urination issue, maybe try giving him something to do to relax and distract him on the potty. Read a book, play a puzzle board or something to get him to relax.
    As for the defecation, you might want to make sure it is physically easy to go - lots of fiber, lots of water, prune or apple juice if you need it. Assuming it is less physical and more of a mental issue, you can try relaxation techniques for that too. Beyond that, you might want to explore the reasons for the holding. I've heard many - kids feel like they are losing part of them, they don't like the smell, they are afraid it will hurt...

Disclaimer: I haven't personally dealt with these problems, but I've heard/read from people who have.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried distracting/relaxing him with a book while on the toilet, but he usually doesn't want to listen to it (he can be stubborn with it). I didn't think about the losing a part of him thing. Maybe I should look for a book for it. I know there are some out there for this type of situation....
    Off to Amazon I go! :P
    Thanks again!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This page is geared toward pediatricians, but has some good advice on potty training kids who hold poop (toward the bottom)

https://www.rogerknapp.com/medical/pottytrainingrefusals.htm
    baby girl  5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"