July 2013 Moms

Constipation again...juice related

Hilaboo86Hilaboo86 member
edited April 2014 in July 2013 Moms
Paging @lizabethann06‌ and all other hard poo mamas. (Haha)

E had another bought of constipation this morning and passed a golf ball sized poo of course hard. It was so sad to see her cry.

This question is about juice. I've been giving her gerber prune apple. I've read to do straight prune but I can't find gerber. Is there another brand that you all use? Would you just use the regular brands? Like adult brands?

TIA. y'all rock btw. Happy Easter!!

Edit: forgot to mention I do all the pears, prunes, water, juice all the constipation things. Mommy brain fart

Re: Constipation again...juice related

• My pediatrician suggests half water half prune juice (about 1 oz total) twice a day until poops are normal. Also, warm up the juice like you would formula/milk. We've used regular juice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Prune purée has worked wonders for us as well as pear purée.
    I haven't gone the juice route yet but we have a guy with a wild bowel routine.

Bonus: 

• Loading the player...
  • etoille said:
    I use the same one and bought it on Amazon...I think it was cheaper but also got them at Babies R Us and local grocery store ( Harris Teeter)

Bonus: 

• Pear juice can also help - we have done Goya pear nectar.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • We give LO 1oz of pureed prunes every night.  She poops like a dream  ;)  We use Gerber Organic prunes.  I've found them at multiple different grocery stores and on Amazon.
  • We use puréed prunes and pears, no juice.
  • I gave DD a little of white grape juice mixed with water and she has been having soft poops since. I bought an adult brand with no added sugar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD we used regular prune juice. We didn't water it down at all.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Prune purée has worked wonders for us as well as pear purée. I haven't gone the juice route yet but we have a guy with a wild bowel routine.
    yup, that's what we do.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• I agree with PPs, we do prune puree. She gets 1 container a day (2oz?) after dinner. It's her dessert :)
    Two under two, here we come!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage image
  • As soon as we switched to oatmeal instead of rice cereal we no longer have hard poops. We actually have blow outs again recently.... Which isn't fun either, but at least he's not the one crying.
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• shara3333 said:

As soon as we switched to oatmeal instead of rice cereal we no longer have hard poops. We actually have blow outs again recently.... Which isn't fun either, but at least he's not the one crying.

We did too for about a month after making the switch but it came back! Ugh. Fx your LO stays nice and regular unlike my hard poo princess. If he does try prune juice, that shit is still working. I'm ecstatic!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"