May 2014 Moms
Options

FTM I need some advise.

As most of you know I was diagnosed with choleostasis last Tuesday. Since baby is breech we have a scheduled c/s at noon Tuesday. Which I'm actually preferring. Dr said if she flips by Tuesday they will induce me.

Well i woke up in the middle of the night to baby moving and it feels like she is head down ready to go. I also woke up very sick. I have a sore throat, awful cough so bad I throw up, drainage, and nausea. If I'm still like this on Tuesday I don't know how I'm going to get the energy to be in labor all day. I don't even have the energy to walk to the bathroom to pee. I'm freaked out and scared and I would just rather get a C. But my dr won't do it if it's not necessary.

My next thing is since I'm so sick. I don't want to get my baby sick. I feel like Mother Nature is working against me. And I'm a complete mess. Ugh. Sorry if I sound like a toddler throwing a fit. I just don't know what to do. What would you do?
BabyName Ticker

Re: FTM I need some advise.

• Options
    Thank you that helps ease my mind about being sick. Idk if positive stories would help. Maybe a little, but the majority I read all end in ecs. I'm also scared cause my mom had an awful experience with me, where the epi was completely stopping her labor. So they had to take turns upping and stopping the epi in order for her to dilate.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with @kitchencolors‌ about the sickness. Baby should be okay and until Tuesday, focus on getting yourself better.

If it makes you feel better, I was induced with my first at barely 1cm dilated and had a very successful vaginal birth and epidural. It took a while, but it was successful.
    Good luck and I really hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope you feel better. I had a really great induction experience with DD and will be induced today for this LO. Of course im a little nervous, but either way labor can't last forever and it's medically necessary to keep baby healthy.

I don't have c/s experience, but the general thought is that the recovery from a of vaginal delivery is much easier. Although your cold might make labor a little less ideal, I would think that caring for a newborn with a cold and after a c/s would be more difficult.

Sometimes change is hard when you've already accepted and gotten yourself ready for a certain plan. Your provider will recommend what they feel is best. Maybe you could be seen tomorrow to check positioning so that you have at least a day to mentally prepare yourself if they recommend induction instead of the c/s. plus they may want to be updated about your illness.

Good luck!!

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

• Options
    If you have a cough you definitely do not want a csesction, it's incredibly painful to cough :( I hope you feel better before they take the baby, hang in there!
    <BabyFetus Ticker>
  • Options
    I'm sorry you don't feel well! I agree with @kitchencolors‌ in that the baby should be fine. Take good care of yourself. Drink lots of water, take vitamin c, get lots of rest. Good luck!!!
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I had a horrible cold when I was induced with DD. Once I was in labor I actually felt better or at least I wasn't focused on my cold anymore. My husband also ended up getting it by the time we left the hospital. Baby never got sick.

Also, I was not dilated at all at the start of my induction (for pre e at 38 weeks) and I had a good experience and easy vaginal delivery about 24 hours later.

I remember feeling very grateful for not having had to have a c section when I was coughing the day after delivery.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nora - 10.26.12

Henry - 5.9.14

• Options
    I had a c/s with DS1 and I would never wish the recovery on my worst nightmare..ESPECIALLY with a cough. I'm not even kidding- I have a very high pain tolerance and my birth story from my first delivery is plain awful.

That being said- I would absolutely try for a trial of labor before opting for a c/s. I feel like you miss out on so much not being able to have a natural birth (mainly due to hospital rules/regs) that it's something I just don't have the desire to repeat.

I also would not base YOUR method of delivery off birth stories you hear and read. You choose what you believe is the best method. If we all decisions based off the terrible stories we hear- no one would ever get PG.
  • Options
    I loved my c-section! I had an amazingly recovery. Very quick, very little pain.

You might want to call and find out your hospital's policy on sick mothers. At my hospital if the mother has a fever, they don't let the baby in the mother's room till she's been fever free for a full 24 hrs.

Sending healing thoughts!

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    I agree baby should be fine. You might want to try Wish Gardens cold tonic it help me with a cold a few months back and their products are made for pregnant women.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My DH came down with the stomach flu the night I went into labor with DS1. The nurses actually were taking care of him just as much as me! But DS never got it. I wouldn't worry about your LO getting your cold. But I can say that I would not have wanted to add a recovery from a cold to my c-section recovery. I feel like I had a pretty good recovery, but that would have been hellish.
    image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"