September 2013 Moms
Options

High allergen foods

I was wondering who has given their baby corn and strawberries yet? Also I was reading wholesome baby and it suggested waiting as long as possible for broccoli. What have all of you done with these foods? I have a jar of earths best that is summer veggie dinner with corn and zucchini and garbanzo beans. I haven't given any beans yet either? Wwyd?

Re: High allergen foods

• Options
    I'd go for it. I've given her bananas with strawberries and also something else that was mixed with it and recently Ive started giving the mixed dinners. If you make sure you don't feed LO any other new foods for a few days, I don't see why not. 
  • Options
    I've given LO really ripe strawberries cut in half and she eats them or I mashed them up and put it on toast for her. She also eats broccoli without any issues!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have given strawberries but not corn. We have given peanut butter though. Our pediatrician has told us to give all high allergen foods early because research has shown that it might lower allergy risks. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    We've done broccoli with no issue. I'll be trying strawberries soon just because they're beautiful and delicious right now. I have not done corn or peanut butter yet though. I'm not avoiding peanut butter, it just hasn't come up yet. 
  • Options
    DD had her first taste of peanut butter today. It was just a little smear on a cracker. I haven't done strawberries yet because they used to make my mouth really itchy when I was a kid.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options
    DS has had all those things except strawberries, he has had raspberries though. He loves garbanzo beans. Anything I'm worried about I just give separately.
  • Options
    Ive done both strawberries and corn. LO LOVES strawberries especially when I put frozen ones in his mesh teether.
    Melissa (30) & Chris (30)
    BFP Oct 16, 2012 M/C Nov 10, 2012
    BFP Dec 31, 2012 EDD Sept 12, 2013

Brody was born on September 23, 2013 at 6.33am weighing 8lb 14oz.  
    Hes our angel... :)

• Options
    I was also told today to give high allergen foods early, if you wait too long it will become "a foreign" object that the body can likely reject. The allergist said the reason food allergies were on the rise in kids is because of the old study saying to wait a couple years for peanut butter etc.

I have yet to introduce any of these foods though but will be giving her strawberries next week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"