October 2013 Moms

Pity party: Table for 1

DH just left for out of state training. He'll be gone for 3 months. All my family lives on the other side of the country. Sigh...

What are you bummed about tonight?

Sideways picture for your time!
*TTC since July 2010
*BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
*BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote

Re: Pity party: Table for 1

• Wow I'm so sorry momma. All my family lives across the country too...and I'm sad about dh leaving for 3 days.
    Hugs!
    Plan some fun day trips with your cutie!
    Aquariums, museums etc!
    That's what I would do! (if any existed in my state)
    :|
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sorry to hear that.  I'm bummed that DS1's basketball league had games this afternoon, making it impractical for us to make it for our family Easter.  I am also bummed that DH will miss LO's first Easter because of work.  He actually came home during this shift but then the decided to send them out again today for just one day.  Lame.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry dear :(
    DH was gone for 4 months of my pregnancy (up til I was 35 weeks) for the Army. I have family near by, but I couldn't imagine. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

I was super bummed because DH is leaving for two weeks soon, and on top of it has SWAT for two weeks. NEVER. SEE. MY. HUSBAND!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for commiserating with me! We signed up for a 6 week swim class for DD, so that will help pass some time. I'm also going back home for a wedding for one week, so there's that. Yeah, we'll be able to talk/skype/text/etc. during his free time. I'm really happy for him, because he's training to be a military working dog handler and it's been his dream since he joined the AF. I'm also just a tiny bit bitter (okay, maybe more lol) that he'll be playing with dogs all day while I'm on constant mommy duty. This too shall pass... right?? lol
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • I feel stupid for being bummed about DH overnight trip now :( Sorry OP
  • Working dog handlers are awesome! I worked as a vet tech at two military vet clinics. I LOVE the MWDs! Their handlers were always great too! Congrats to your husband!

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• That's a bummer!

I would just keep busy, set a schedule, and find a reliable sitter to get some breaks.

No pity party here today.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Inn2Inn2 member
    Sorry to hear that he will be gone and no family :(. I was sad about leaving my LO for the first time with other than family. However, I loooooved my birthday melting pot dinner, and he handled it better than me! Not one fuss or tear the whole 4 hours we were gone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh I'm sorry :( My family lives back in the UK so I don't have then close for support or help. I hope you and lo keep busy, and that time flies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"