January 2014 Moms

H A I R fallout!!

LassmorelosLassmorelos member
edited April 2014 in January 2014 Moms
After 7 weeks of having my daughter hair started to fallout lightly. Now it's been 12 weeks and it's worse. I know its hormone related and common. Anyone experiencing this too? I don't want to touch my hair anymore. My hair is shoulder length and am getting the urge to cut it but I don't want to. Any advice or tips, please! Thank you!!

Re: H A I R fallout!!

• My son is 14 weeks old, and I noticed that more of my hair is falling out, especially after I get out of the shower and comb my hair... WTF?!
  • Yep, I have it now too.  DD2 is 14 weeks.  With DD1 it started the day she turned 3 months, was really really bad until 5 1/2 months, and was back to a normal hair cycle around 8 months.  It sucks...and makes a mess!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

• Loading the player...
  • It just started for me. Last time, it lasted for a few months and then I had all these awesome little baby hairs to contend with. They also tended to get wavy with humidity. It was not a good look.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Me too. Being pregnant it was nice having trickier hair. I have thin hair to begin with so seeing a clump of hair by the shower drain after every time I shower I just want to cry. I'm about 14 weeks pp. Yeah u aren't the only one. :((
  • So. Much. Hair. It's everywhere.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My DD1 walks around the house saying "ewww! More mommy hair!!" So ya I have the same problem.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• EsthiEsthi member
    Yes me too !! Hair all over the place ....
  • I'm surprised I have any hair left. Everytime I touch my hair, I have strands stuck in my hand, falling on my shoulder, etc. I know it is making up for all have hair that didn't fall out while pregnant but I'm pretty sure it is way thinner now. Boo! I just cut like 4 inches off too so I feel like so much hair missing.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• How funny because I was just thinking about asking this myself. I feel like I'll be bald by the end if the month if it keeps falling out at this rate! Mine just started about 3 to 4 days ago. Hope it works itself out soon.

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • Mine started a couple weeks ago and is coming out by the handfuls. My hair is crazy thick, so maybe enough will fall out it will become manageable, lol
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• My body must be backwards...my hair started falling out when I was pregnant. I lost a ton and now I have short strands everywhere on my head :-S

• vterpvterp member
    Mine started a couple of weeks ago also and seems to finally be chilling out.  I just keep reminding myself how long I went with barely any hair falling out to keep myself from freaking out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker'>v

• My hair started falling out last week (12 weeks)... I hate this phase.
  • It's so gross. I was just complaining to my hubby about it. I'm so tired of my hair everywhere. Yuck! How long does it last?
  • SO much fallout these days. I can't keep up with it in the shower. I try to stop it from going down the drain but I can feel it fall down my body and it creeps me out. Blech. It started about 2 weeks ago for me. I don't remember noticing it this much with my last pregnancy.

I also don't think it's fair that this happens when getting a long hair wrapped around a baby toe can be such a terrible event for them. Now that my hair is coming out like mad, I feel like every time DD is fussy when I don't expect her to be, I start frantically checking for my hairs on her.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • I kinda remember it happening earlier after having DS1, but I am just entering the shedding period myself too. It started probably within the last week or 2.

My 2 December boys

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"