July 2014 Moms

anyone else over eating? lol

I'm so sick of food lol. I'm hungry all the time and whenever I eat my reaction is always MEHHHH. Maybe it's that most of us July mommas have been bumping at every major (food) holiday! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Easter, and most of us probably had a birthday somewhere along the way!
Anyone else feel my pain?!?

Re: anyone else over eating? lol

• Well, I had meat aversions at Thanksgiving and Christmas, did nothing for New Years or Valentine's Day, and I don't celebrate Easter, so none of those have really affected me.

As far as overeating, I tend to eat when I am hungry.  Last night, I didn't eat dinner until 7:30, which is 2 hours later than normal, and all I had was a PB&J.
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DH is always getting on me that I don't eat enough. I'm just not into food right now. A couple weeks ago I couldn't stop eating! So I think it just comes in waves when baby is having a growth spurt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Me! At month 5 my hunger went through the roof and now I just keep eating... Add my huge appetite to a bunch of social gatherings (baby shower, birthday party for a friend, and a bachelorette tonight) and I feel like a glutton.

I do try to make sure that even though I'm eating a ton, I try to keep those things healthy... Ish. Except the sour-patch kids while a grocery shop, those are just necessary.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • BoraBoraBabyBoraBoraBaby member
    edited April 2014
    Definitely over the whole food thing. Breakfast is usually my fav and even that doesn't taste that great right now.
  • I feel like I am constantly eating. I feel like I eat something and if doesn't satisfy, so then I am snacking shortly after.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am hungry all the time, but nothing ever sounds good :(
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • I agree it feels like I am hungry a very short time after I eat and when I am I don't know what to eat because nothing sounds good enough to take the effort to make it lol. Good thing I am lazy or I would be bigger than I already am
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep, I'm constantly hungry but nothing seems to stop me from feeling hungry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm hungry a lot because nothing is satisfying!  Even when I'm craving something, I start eating it and after a few bites don't want it anymore.  I don't think that I'm any more hungry than normal, I just want to eat more often because when I do eat, I don't eat enough.  Blah food!
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • In the 2nd tri, I ate everything that wasn't nailed down but now, I'm not that fussed for food at all. It's weird for me because normally I eat constantly but now apart from nibbling stuff now and again, I'm having to force myself to eat and when I do, it feels like I scarfed half a cow instead of just the bagel I ate most of.

Even when I feel hungry, I don't feel like eating IYSWIM becuase I know I'll feel swollen and uncomfortable after and probably have heartburn and want to be sick.
  • I had piss poor eating habits pre-pregnancy, but was working out enough to keep myself just under obese.  Those eating habits continued (after the morning sickness cleared up) and since I'm not working out, those pounds are sticking with me more. 

DH and I are both trying to make an effort to eat healthier now that we have someone who will be watching us.  We want to teach this nugget good eating habits early and lead by example. 

But...cookies > veggies.  Every time.
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • Agreed! I'm starting to feel full really fast and at the point where I'm like ",.,oh it's time for dinner, great (sarcasm)"
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • I am continuously hungry but get a little bit of food in me and feel overstuffed. Then I feel sick, and still feel hungry. I hadn't thought about it but I feel a lot like the posters on here, got so excited about watermelon the other day then didn't eat hardly any. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't have my BFP until after Halloween so I definitely wouldn't count that as being a holiday while pregnant since I didn't know.  Anyway, I had gastric bypass a couple years ago so some of the things you all are now experiencing (wanting to eat everything, taking 5 bites and being full) are things I'm used to... and they suck even more with being hungry and not being able to eat more than a little.  Boo.  I know this is approximately when they say to eat every 2-3 hours, but that sounds like a lot of effort.  :(
  • I did great until a month ago and my sweet tooth has kicked into high gear which hasn't been a good thing because we've got birthdays all through March plus our housewarming party so there's been plenty of cake and it shows on the scale :( I'm going to try to get back into my healthier habits on Monday. The Easter Bunny is coming with my big ole Reese's egg so I can't start till that's gone, right? ;)
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm on board with this. Even Saturday date nights aren't like they used to be. I hate not having a seasonal beer and I'm full within a couple bites.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• All my life.

Now I just call it eating for two and I actually have lost weight.
  • Ughhh wish I could agree... I want food that I can't have.. Lol I'm sick of pb toast and veggies! Having GD sucks!! I want some freaking ice cream and French toast and French fries!! Haha I want it all!! But then I would probably take a couple bites and be full. But it would still be nice to have just those few bites! :D
  • I saw this post and thought it was about eating too much...So for most of my pregnancy I just wanted food food food... More specifically carbs cards carbs :P but now that I'm further along and baby is getting bigger, I have less room. The problem is that I still want food food food, but now my stomach can't take as much but my brain hasn't caught on that I can't eat much in one sitting! So multiple times I've eaten too much and have gotten soooo uncomfortably full :/

• I am hungry all the time, I eat all the time and now I have lost 6lb in 9 days... Guess it is time for ice cream for breakfast.
  • I had to stop eating eating white flour and sugar. The overstuffed horrific feeling it gives me is just not worth it. I've been eating about what I normally would with an extra meal for the day since I don't normally eat breakfast. I am definitely over food once I eat any type of white bread or sugar (like today ugh). Otherwise I feel fantastic and am loving pigging out on veggies, fruit, as lean protein (chicken, eggs) as they don't add all the extra pounds EVERYthing else seems to. For sweet cravings I've been doing dark chocolate covered almonds. I ran out last night hence the two snack size bags of Cheetos, pineapple sorbet with a Reese's peanut butter cup, eclair bite, and flan today :(:(:( . When I write that all out I realize how much it is. Ugh! The eclair bite and flan was at Easter brunch, would've been fine by themselves, but sent me on a spiral to the rest.
  • Ha, I have the opposite issue.  Everything tastes so good to me.  It's like everything is so succulent and flavorful!  My stomach is getting over full because there's less room, but I want to taste more because it is such a pleasure.  I am guessing it's like an enhanced smelling ability, but I have an enhanced tasting ability.  Yum, time to eat more...
  • Aw it's stressing me out I'm like a bottomless pit constantly hungry and find myself looking in the fridge everytime I'm in the kitchen :(:(
  • Hmm for me I think baby had had a major growth spurt This weekend I wanted so much protein all weekend... And I ate a ton of steak and bacon and eggs... And ham... (All different meals there) I look back and think I should have been overfull and I haven't had that problem yet... Yesterday I did have severe heartburn but that was more from the raw veggies I ate that didn't agree with me.
  • I would happily give up a meal for a night out with some frozen margaritas. But... I won't do that cause I am gonna be a good preggo. Sigh...
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I saw this post I thought it was about eating too much. YEP! Yes, I have a huge appetite now and I can't get enough chocolate cake. 
  • ChrisB said:
    When I saw this post I thought it was about eating too much. YEP! Yes, I have a huge appetite now and I can't get enough chocolate cake. 
    I'm here.  I want to eat ALL THE FOOD.

I've stopped buying my go to treats because I am gaining weight at an alarming pace.  I may have to cut back more/start tracking food.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yes!!! I am a certified foodie and I have lost all joy of eating; nothing is delicious anymore. Also it sucks because im full after like 10 bites. Couldn't even finish a kids burrito for dinner.
  • I am a HUGE fan of snacking now. Snacking and drinking a lot of water make me feel more full.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who hasn't gotten to the "There's no room for food in my belly because baby is taking up too much of it" stage. I get that I actually kind of feel fuller, but my portion sizes have not shrunk...at all!! And I'm 30 weeks! With my first I remember being like 25 weeks and not being able to eat anything bigger than half a slice of toast at a time!! There's some days I ALMOST wish I had morning sickness, so I could stop all of this eating!!!!

• Some days I don't feel like I have room for much, and then other days, like yesterday, I graze a lot of the day because I'm hungry.  And then days like today don't help where at work I had lunch...then 2 hours later we had goodies for someone's birthday.  Om nom nom.  (I guess at least I didn't have lunch and the birthday stuff all at once...)

And now I'm hungry.  Again.

I have my glucose screening on Thursday.  If it goes poorly and I can't have anymore sugar, I may have to spill some blood.  Not sure if I can last a week without sugary goodness at this stage, much less till my EDD! (In truth, I'd probably suck it up and do what's right...but complain to my DH about the lack of sugar every step of the way.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"