January 2014 Moms
Options

freaking the eff out, talk me down.

So dd hands have bigger red bumps on the tops of them. The one hand appears a little swollen. She also has these red bumps on top of her feet. She appears normal otherwise. My mil pointed the one bump out to me this morning I glanced at it and didn't think too much of it. I was also half asleep when she mentioned it. Then this afternoon she spent 3 hrs in the ergo carrier at the zoo. Which she has been in before but not as long. When we were out to dinner with mil I noticed bumps on both hands and that the one was swollen. Mil said it was worse than earlier. We thought maybe it was from sucking her hands or position in the ergo? We were going to see what it was like tomorrow after swaddling the hands for the night. Well when I got home and changed her I noticed the same thing on her tops of feet. That's when I started to freak out. Dh was like she appears fine now we will call the pediatrician in the am. Now i am super nervous and don't want to sleep and I just want to watch her sleep all night. I am also running on 3 hrs of sleep cause I worked the past two nights.

Anyone's Lo have this before?

I will be calling this pediatrician asap when they open. I just hope it's nothing bad. I have sensitive skin too, but it freaked me out when its bilateral on hands and feet.
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: freaking the eff out, talk me down.

• Options
    Is it hand foot and mouth? Any sores on face or inside mouth?

• Options
    I saw pics on Google. It doesn't look like that. I didn't notice sores in the mouth. My dh initially thought of that. I think they also get a fever with that? She's fever free and isn't acting sick.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most times the bumps are on the palms or bottoms of feet with hand/foot /mouth .

Try to rest easy , hoping it's just sensitive skin issue .

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Are they hives? Could it be a contact reaction to something?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am not sure if it's hives. I have only seen very bad hives before. Its a few bumps on both, then the top of one hand is what is swollen. Again that's her favored hand to suck. But the feet are stumping me. The location it is on the hands is right where she sucks and she loves her hands. That why I wasn't concerned till I saw her feet looked similar. I know she isn't sucking her feet.

• Options
    Honestly I would probably call the on call tonight. The swelling seems weird to me. DD had a rash on her chest last week and I took her in as soon as it started to spread. It looked like pimples.

I hope it clears up soon.
  • Options
    Dd is 14 weeks. She is ebf. I took her in first thing to the doctors this morning. He thinks it's nothing systemic or infectious. He thought its bug bites which imo I think he us not sure. But they do have that appearance but not sure when she would have been exposed and they are on hands and feet. He said if it gets worse to bring her back in. It is not worse today. So hopefully it goes away soon.

• Options
    Roses87 said:
    Dd is 14 weeks. She is ebf. I took her in first thing to the doctors this morning. He thinks it's nothing systemic or infectious. He thought its bug bites which imo I think he us not sure. But they do have that appearance but not sure when she would have been exposed and they are on hands and feet. He said if it gets worse to bring her back in. It is not worse today. So hopefully it goes away soon.
    Glad to see pedi isn't too worried. I hope it all clears up very soon. It may not end up being bug bites but I would hope that if it had been something serious then the pedi would have caught it.
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"