April 2013 Moms
Options

Bottles to sippy cups...no fun

DD had her pediatrician appointment the other day. He said to start weaning off of bottles into sippy cups. DD has been using sippy cups for water since she was six months old and has done great with them, but she is not liking the milk in it. I'm trying to replace 1 bottle a day with a sippy, hoping for a smooth transition but she cries and pushes it away. I cave after several attempts bc I don't want her not to eat obviously, and switch to a bottle. (Note:: I'm not switching after she pushes away right away, like it was half an hour later, so I'm not caving that easily)

It's not the WCM, bc she drinks it without a problem from her bottle. Should I get a different sippy? Help!! TIA.

Re: Bottles to sippy cups...no fun

• Options
    JSS1002JSS1002 member
    edited April 2014
    No advice. James hates every sippy known to man, no matter WHAT is in them... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I told DH I could put straight chocolate syrup in the sippy and she'd still refuse it. ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just keep trying. DD was like that, but she's getting better with drinking WCM from a cup. We also got several types of cups but nothing worked - it wasn't the type of cup...she just didn't associate milk with a cup. Something clicked this week for her apparently.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options
    I haven't started giving DD WCM yet, but she loves the nubi straw cup. She has a few sippy cups too but she has a hard time figuring out how to tilt it back herself so the nubi works great and it hasn't spilled once anytime she's dropped it.  They are also super easy to clean, it says hand wash but i wash it all in the dishwasher and just rinse all the pieces out after that .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"