October 2013 Moms

FB friend car seat misuse. WDoYD?

elllafelllaf member
edited April 2014 in October 2013 Moms
What do you do when you see pictures that make your hair stand on end?
ie: a 1 month old with straps above shoulders, chest clip on belly and super loose straps etc etc etc.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

FB friend car seat misuse. WDoYD? 121 votes

Send them links after links on proper use in a PM
33% 41 votes
Eh...it never goes over well. Let them worry about their baby and keep your nose out of it.
47% 57 votes
Send Chloe over because she's a CPST obvs.
8% 10 votes
Extra Special Snowflake
10% 13 votes

Re: FB friend car seat misuse. WDoYD?

• Knock on wood, I've never run into this situation.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • sleepy33 said:

Knock on wood, I've never run into this situation.

Me neither.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Loading the player...
  • I had several people flame me because I've posted pictures on fb of Carmen with loose straps in the car seat what they failed to realize was that her seat was attached to the stroller and we were going for a walk in the park. I always loosen them up so she can wiggle a little on a 2-3 mile walk.

I also had a friend post a couple of pictures with the belts buckled the wrong way and she got flamed as well because people didn't read what she posted which was something like "this is why Ella's older brother doesn't get her buckled in"

That being said I would only say something if several pictures were posted and it was always wrong. I would also send it via PM.
    imageimage
  • SS I've done this to two people on their post of a pic. Usually I post the recommendations in pic form right on their pic comments. No shame. Their baby's life is at risk. I'm straight forward IRL.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • I always stop and think " does it impact me, my life, my family, etc". If my answer is no, then I realize it's none of my business. Especially when it comes to how someone is caring for their baby. You just dont go there. Unless pf course, the child is pictured in a moving vehicle and is not strapped in.... I'd probably say something then...
    BabyFruit Ticker BFP #7 2/4/13- EDD 10/20/13
  • Thanks guise!
    I haven't decided what to do yet but they were deft in the car. I can see the car and the post said "on our way to jersey!" (They live in VA)
    I'm more hesitant because I only know the father and only know him from like elementary school.
    Plus the mom posted the picture and just tagged dad in it so that's why I could see it.
    I feel like I'm crossing the line but ugh the picture makes my stomach hurt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jennlin said:
    I post links to my own FB and hope they see it. Sometimes I add a mini rant for good measure.
    I've done this before too.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Pm them without links first flanking your critiques with compliments and starting said critiques as "idk if you know but..."
  • I didn't say anything, though, when I saw another friend's incorrectly buckled 5 y.o.  It felt awkward to comment to someone 1) with older kids than mine, and 2) with multiple kids, therefore a "pro" at being a mom.  Because what would I know -- my kid is still in an infant carrier and hers are FF & in boosters.

I am third time mom and I wouldn't mind a reminder. Rules change, we are distracted and overtired, just like a lot of mommies.

Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"