May 2014 Moms
Options

Easter Appetizers

Anyone have any fun appetizers that they are making for Easter?  I always make the same things...taco dip, pretzel beer dip, meatball...but want to do something different.  Made these last year and they were cute, but no one was like yay, veggies!  Hahaha!!  

Re: Easter Appetizers

• Options
    soylattesoylatte member
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    soylatte said:
    It's bad for you, but no one will complain - Buffalo Chicken Dip
    https://www.food.com/recipe/buffalo-chicken-dip-77623
    Awesome deviled eggs:
    https://www.oprah.com/own-judds/The-Judds-Recipe-Pollys-Deviled-Eggs

DH has a Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe that is a variation of the one you posted. It is so freaking good with cucumbers and green peppers. Thats how I justify eating so much of it everytime he makes it :D
    3/29/12 - Married my soulmate
    BFP #1 - 3/23/13 // EDD - 11/27/13 // M/MC - 5/3/13 // D&C - 5/4/13
    BFP #2 - 8/26/13 // EDD - 5/10/14 // Born 5/18/14

image    image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for this @soylatte. I am going to bring this to my IL on Sunday so I can have a GD friendly appie!!

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    I make hasty hots.

Mix mayo, Parmesan cheese, and chopped green onions together. Put on slices of French baguette. Broil til golden brown.
  • Options
    Mmm deviled eggs are a holiday standard with my family. DHs family does fruit/veggie/chips + dips and a little platter of cheeses.

Most complicated appetizers are eaten as side dishes though- no one really goes out of their way to make the before-meal snacking special. There's this cheesy creamed spinach that one of my aunt in laws makes that should be eaten with crackers like a dip though, it's amazing. I wish I had the recipe to share but its a secret and I don't know it :(
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options
    In my family apps=beer. Yea we are classy like that. And my grandpa just made two new batches that sound amazing but I can't be like 'drink all the beer'. Just wait, after labor I see a nice good cold beer on my future.
  • Options
    To me, Easter appetisers=chocolate eggs. :D

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    All this food talk makes me excited for tomorrow. My family usually has stuffed mushrooms, shrimp cocktail, pesto pinwheels, fruit, cheese and crackers and veggies and dip, nothing really different. Oh and my aunt usually makes a fruity juice drink that is delicious, but this year I'm going to have to have mine virgin style...
  • Options
    jsaffer01  Do you have a recipe for the pesto pinwheels?  I was going to whip up some pesto today anyway for pasta.
  • Options
    @stina76 my mom makes them. I will see her later today and get it for you!!!
  • Options
    @stina76 so this how you make the pesto pinwheels.

A package of crescent rolls, pinch the perforated lines together to make one sheet. Spread a thin layer of pesto on the dough. Roll it up, and cut into 1/4inch rolls. Then place the wheels on a baking sheet 1/2inch apart and bake to the crescent roll instructions. It's pretty easy.
  • Options
    My family tends to keep it simple. Just deviled eggs. But then it's all you can eat chocolate eggs afterward!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jsaffer01jackdustinHelmink0804 - very cute cakes!  I love Peeps!  Especially when they are a couple of days old and get hard!  That sounds weird, hahaha!  

Happy Easter everyone!!     

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"