TTC after 35

So I have bad ass Viking blood...

So when I did my day 3 blood work about a month or so ago, it should I have an abnormality with my iron. I thought I had somehow taken too much of my pre-natal pill. Not the case. I had to go and meet with the Hemotologist for more blood work.

Here's the cool part. So there are two parts to your iron, the iron level (which mine was fine),the there's the iron saturation (which is like the vehicles that transport your iron). Well I have ALOT of little vehicles. To make a long story short, this is traced back to one particular Viking that had this mutation. His linage were known to be better in battle because they weren't dying from their stab wounds and the woman weren't dying in childbirth like the others.

So this Viking and was known to do the deed with women in France, Italy and Germany (mom's side is from France). Guess he made his way around.
I guess the only way it's a negative trait is if both parents carried this, which is unlikely. Or if I was making too much of the iron, which I'm not.

Kind've an interesting fast fact Friday!

Re: So I have bad ass Viking blood...

• That's pretty cool, and now we know not to mess with you!

Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • I love hearing stuff like that.  So cool!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • CML11CML11 member
    Yeah I though it was an interesting story. The Hemotologist was super into it, I guess he's done a lot of research on it.
  • Pretty interesting!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• That is interesting.
    Fucking bump!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"