Baby Showers
Options

what game is this?

I went to a shower where we played a game and I won a prize. Except...the prize was a onesie I was supposed to then give to the mom. Is this normal anywhere? I was really confused!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: what game is this?

• Options
    I have never heard of such a thing :-?
  • Options
    Someone posted the other day about how their hostess wants to do this type of prize at their shower.  I personally would be upset if that happened at my shower; and I hope this doesn't become the new "cool" thing. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    WTH? That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    At one if my bridal showers (out of state) everyone gave me their prizes. It was weird. At my other, local bridal shower everyone kept their prizes. Its apparently a regional thing?
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This happened at my baby shower a few weekends ago. My best friend planned it and I was totally weirded out by it but wasn't going to say anything since it was after the fact. Definitely not my favorite...
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!  I remember at my bridal shower winning the game.  I felt so awkward I gave the prize to another person!  I mean the MTB is already getting stuff.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Every shower I attended as a child had prizes that were meant to be given to the mother or the bride (depending on what the shower was for).  Since leaving that area of the country, I've never seen this again.  Maybe it's cultural in your area.

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• Options

Never heard of this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I've been to a couple showers where they did that, and was so confused (first, why you'd get stuff like pacifiers as prizes and then why people were giving them to the MTB)... It seems to be certain circles. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I think it might be a generational thing. Until recently, at all the showers I had been to, the prizes went to the guests who won them. However, at the most recent one, all the prizes were items for the mom-to-be. I was talking with a few of the grandmothers (50-60 years old) at the shower, and they all thought that was the norm and expressed surprise that guests would ever accept a prize at a shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"