May 2014 Moms
Options

My dogs are driving me CRAZY!!

So, my dogs are super super super clingy. To the point of driving me absolutely bat shit crazy. Following my every step and move. We have a 3000sq ft house and the only place they can manage to lay is AT MY FEET. They did this with my last pregnancy right before I went into labor. So I'm sure it's coming. Well duh, I'm 36 weeks so obviously it's coming. But they just get so clingy it unreal right before. Animals just 'know' certain things I swear. It's so strange. We talked to our vet with the last pregnancy at a routine appt and they said it does happens, they can sense the hormone shifts and what not. Weird right? Have any of you noticed this 'trend' with your pets too? Just curious....

Re: My dogs are driving me CRAZY!!

• Options
    Maybe it's b/c our muttski is pretty independent, but she hasn't been any more clingy lately. She didn't act different when I was pregnant with DD1 either.

The only time she gets in the way and won't leave our feet is when we're trying to get ready to go somewhere. Other than that, she's perfectly content to lay on her bed all day or sunbathing out on the deck.

It would drive me crazy if she was super clingy. My ILs' lab is like that and it's so annoying.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our puggle follows me around the entire house. I can't escape him. VERY occasionally he will leave my feet to lay in front of the door to the nursery. 
    It's the best at night when he sleeps out front of my bedroom door and farts so it goes under the crack in the door and fills the whole bedroom.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmm.. This is interesting. I have a Maltese that is always up my butt, but he has been super intense lately. I'm almost 36 weeks and my doc said today that my cervix was ripening. We shall see!

I have noticed also that Bentley (the pooch) won't get near my belly. He will snuggle and get close... But he avoids my belly like the plague.
  • Options
    My male boxer for almost a week now won't leave my side while he's inside. Not even to eat. When I lay on the couch he lays on the floor in front of me and if the front door opens he stands up and leans against me until he sees who it is.

When he's outside if he hears me through the door he will stand at it and whine until I either let him in or he can't hear me anymore.
  • Options

My male boxer for almost a week now won't leave my side while he's inside. Not even to eat. When I lay on the couch he lays on the floor in front of me and if the front door opens he stands up and leans against me until he sees who it is.

When he's outside if he hears me through the door he will stand at it and whine until I either let him in or he can't hear me anymore.

Yesssssss! This EXACTLY! They won't even go into the back yard....nothing! I try to put them out there, they freak. I go outside and leave them inside, they freak. I put them in their "room", they freak. All I want is a break. Lol. It's either my 2 yo is all over me or my dogs are and when I go to bed the cat is all up in face. They have to be THIIIIISSSSSCLOOOOSE to me. It's beyond ridiculous. Lol
  • Options
    I have a Pom mix that is very independent and in love with my husband. The last few days I have been having some signs that make me think labor is coming soon. For the same amount of time he has been all over me. He won't leave me alone for a second and feels it necessary to sit on me but not touch my belly. I'm 38 weeks and ready for this baby to come out so I hope you're right and he is sensing something!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"