October 2012 Moms

I've been away but thought I'd pop back in... (losses mentioned)

I used to post somewhat regularly when I was pregnant with my son. I'm sure there are a lot of new members now, so hello to everyone old and new! I guess the busy life of raising a baby kept me away but now I feel like I need some support again and I know this is a great place to find it. I have a perfect 18-month-old son and despite some major complications at birth and an emergency csection, I had the picture perfect pregnancy. We started TTC for #2 in January and lost it at 6 1/2 weeks. TTC again this month and had a chemical loss a week after my positive HPT. I'm just wondering if there are any of you out there who have had a similar experience. I may post on TTCAL but I've read that most of them don't already have children. Maybe these two losses were just flukes, but I find it so odd that it is so easy for us to get pregnant and then I lose it so quickly. I'm terrified that it has something to do with scar tissue from my csection. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I'll be reading and catching up in the meantime.... :)
imageimage
Me: 29 DH:30 married 6/5/10
DS: 10/12/12 via ECS (blood clot in umbilical cord)
BFP 1/25/14 mc at 6 1/2 weeks  EDD: 10/4/14
BFP 4/10/14 mc at 4 1/2 weeks  EDD: 12/15/14
BFP 5/14/14 mc at 5 1/2 weeks  EDD: 1/20/15
BFP 8/28/14 *please, please stick*  EDD: 5/10/15

Re: I've been away but thought I'd pop back in... (losses mentioned)

• Welcome back. I recognise you from your siggy pic.

I'm sorry for your losses. They are always hard to understand, whether they happened before a successful pregnancy or not. Miscarriages are so common, and they have so many causes, and pretty much all of them are not your fault one teeny tiny bit.

I had two losses before my third, and successful pregnancy, and I couldn't believe I'd ever "come right". But I did, and it's all good. There are a few women on this board who have had miscarriages after their O12 babies, and are happily pregnant now, so I'm sure you will find support here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a mc between my dd and ds1. To this day I wonder about that baby and am sad I will never know himher. So sorry to hear about your losses. There are others on this board who have this terrible experience too take one day at a time to heal.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • LorMor and Navy&Violet, thank you!! It's great just to hear I'm not the only one. It's definitely a lonely experience and I knew I'd find some comfort here. 
    imageimage
  • I don't know you, and I've never gone through what you have but I just want to send you some super tight hugs. <3

• StefanieM522StefanieM522 member
    edited April 2014
    I recognize you from your siggy pic and am so sorry for your losses. I personally haven't gone through that but wanted to give you some support as well. Keep posting! And good lcuk in your TTC quest I hope you get your rainbow baby soon!

• CnAnACnAnA member
    I don't recognize your screen name, but welcome back. I'm sorry to hear about your losses. Miscarriage is never easy, whether or not you already have kids. ((Hugs))

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • I'm so sorry for your losses.  I remember your SN - love the Golden Girls :)

I also experienced a loss this year.  I was pregnant just 2 months after I stopped nursing, only to find it was ectopic.  There was a long period of "wait and see."  Wait and see if HCG will drop on its own.  Wait and see if methotrexate will work.  Anyway it was bad news after bad news and I ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery.  Now I have a scarred tube and am at a higher risk for a repeat ectopic.  I can understand your fear of whether your CS scar played a role in your losses.  And I can relate to your fear that it will never happen again for you.  But chances are, you will have another healthy baby.  I used to think women had much more control around family planning - but as it turns out there is a lot of waiting and worrying because it is not all in our hands.  I wish your family the best.  Like PP said, one day at a time.  Hug that sweet little son when you're feeling sad.
  • Thank you all for being so sweet!!!!! This is definitely one of the hardest things I've ever gone through and it helps so much to be able to talk about it.
    imageimage
  • Before my successful pregnancy with Henry, I had basically the same pattern of losses as you're describing -- one after several weeks (I miscarried at 10 weeks but suspect the baby stopped growing around 7 or 8 weeks), and a subsequent loss basically days after I POAS (right around 5 weeks probably). I have since been pregnant twice -- once that resulted in Henry and my current pregnancy, which is going just fine. I don't think two losses in a row are terribly uncommon, especially since we are finding out we are pregnant just days after ovulation these days -- many of these losses would have previously gone unnoticed. Hold out hope that this was most likely a fluke and don't let the weight of that concern get you down. Losses are hard enough to deal with without wondering if you have fertility problems. Best of luck to you, and I am so sorry you're dealing with this :-(
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Ziegeficker, you are so right. I need to stop Googling and worrying! I'm so sorry for your losses but it's great to know that it doesn't necessarily mean that I have fertility issues! Thank you for the encouragement. 
    imageimage
  • I am so sorry for your losses. I got pregnant on my first try with my son and the pregnancy was uneventful. This time round, I found out I was pregnant and 3 days later miscarried. In talking about it with my friends who are moms, I discovered it was much more common than I had ever thought. I'm not saying it makes me feel 100% better. I am 35 now, not in the same physical shape I was in 2 years ago, and who knows what is going on in my uterus after my last pregnancy. But I do know that in talking to other woman things can turn out to be okay. So for now, I'm hanging my hat on hope.

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"