Trying to Get Pregnant

Babies are hatching! *Updated with pics!*

ngolimentongolimento member
edited April 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
As promised, I set up a webcam for my hatching chicks. The first ome is out and wobbling around in the back! Www.ustream.com. under Peledreamsofrain ETA: Like all births, hatching can take a while (anywhere from 1 hour to 10). Just an FYI so nobody worries they are in danger :)
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Babies are hatching! *Updated with pics!*

• Ahh this is too cool!
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • My husband just looked at me like I was mad for looking at eggs. haha.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Eek!  That is so cool-- can't wait to watch!

Married 9-1-12 (On Depo until 4-12)        Me- 33, DH- 36
    NTNP starting 9-12, Actively TTC since 9-13
    My DX- Hypothyroidism.  Prescribed Synthroid
    DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• can't wait! :)

baby development
  • I haven't seen the one that has hatched yet but hopefully some start breaking through soon :).  I've never gotten to watch chicks hatch live before!  Makes me think of Jurassic Park.

DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• The first one is out, but he's in the back resting. He'll start wobbling everywhere soon.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Aww he is so cute flopping over the other eggs haha! Thanks for posting this!
    TTC#1 since November, 2013

May Siggy Challenge: Favorite Meme

• This is so cool, @peledreamsofrain! Thanks for sharing. :) I saw the little one wobbling around, how adorable.

imageimage
  • I have it opened up in another window while I lurk in fffc. Then I hear sweet baby chick chirps... so sweet.

baby development
  • The chick that hatched must be resting again. All I can see is the eggs. Can't wait to check back later! 

• From what I can tell, it's a boy. This particular breed is born with certain colors for each gender. Boys are lighter with a white splotch on their head. Girls are darker abd have heavy black marks on the face.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Is that another one trying to break free?? Ahh this is so exciting!
    Aug15 Signature Challenge- Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV- Santana
    beach

BabyFetus Ticker

Married my Best Friend 8/02/13
    DX Hypothyroidism 4/14
    BFP 6/23/14 MC 7/4/14
    BFP 12/9/14 EDD 8/18/15

• Oh yeah! Good eye!

The new one is in the 'zip' stage. It will use its egg tooth to create a break all the way around the shell, resulting in a 'cap'.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • One is breaking free now!!

• Awww! The first one is so cute and excited for a friend to be out! 
    Thanks @Peledreamsofrain for helping me procrastinate :)
    beach

BabyFetus Ticker

DX Hypothyroidism 4/14
    BFP 6/23/14 MC 7/4/14
    BFP 12/9/14 EDD 8/18/15

• Lol the first chick is so excited about the one hatching.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ahh!! So cute!
  • This is so cool! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!
  • Pele, will you name them?  They are so cute-- it will be adorable once more join them!!

• A front one is hatching!

• lizabethc said:

Pele, will you name them?  They are so cute-- it will be adorable once more join them!!

Yep, I'll name the ones I keep :). The little boys will get sold though. No roosters for me!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • They came to the front to cheer on the new one! I cant get over this cuteness. 
    beach

BabyFetus Ticker

DX Hypothyroidism 4/14
    BFP 6/23/14 MC 7/4/14
    BFP 12/9/14 EDD 8/18/15

• I love how the one at the front is trying to get out of the egg and one of the other chicks comes and sits on him/her lol.
  • Omg so cute!!
    Me: 30 DH 28
    TTC since March 2013
    DH, SA normal count, slow swimmers
    NTNP as of 7/1/14
    Back to TTC as of 8/2014
    1st RE appointment October 2014, everything looks good both of us healthy and normal
    Clomid and IUI first cycle November 2014:BFN 
    Clomid and IUI December 20, 2014: BFP 1/4/15!!

Untitled

• One just pecked his brother/sister on the head.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Omg I want to eat my phone they're so cute.
  • I think I see the next one pipping (breaking the outer shell) on the middle left!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh yeah! I see it too!
    beach

BabyFetus Ticker

DX Hypothyroidism 4/14
    BFP 6/23/14 MC 7/4/14
    BFP 12/9/14 EDD 8/18/15

• Awwww, so cute! I forgot I had it open in another tab and the recent cheeping just startled me (and the cats), haha.

I see it too!

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • I can see two chicks now! So cute.

• This is like a science lesson and cuteness all rolled up!
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • This is probably a silly question (but I've never had chicks or birds) how do you know the sex so soon?  I thought with birds it was hard to tell until they were a little older. (see I know very little) 

BFP: 7/11/2014. ~  EDD: 3/20/2015~  M/C: 8/29/2014 @ 11w
  • Congratulations! So sweet :)
    ~Married 12.09.12~
    ~NTNP #1 since 11.14 - Current Cycle: 2~
    imageimage

• nina&bill said:

This is probably a silly question (but I've never had chicks or birds) how do you know the sex so soon?  I thought with birds it was hard to tell until they were a little older. (see I know very little) 

Not a silly question at all! You're completely right, normally you'd had to wait three months or more to determine gender. This specific breed was developed so that the genders are born with different colors.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Eek! Too cute! I just got chicks three weeks ago... Two road island red and two barred rock (I think that's the breed). I'm such a newb with chicks. However, they seem to be thriving so I'm happy!! I would love to hatch my own!!
  • We are up to 5 now!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"