May 2014 Moms

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• @hcorcoran Your siggy makes me hangry every time I see it. I have had maki from time to time during this pregnancy, but I'm ready to hulk smash some nigiri.

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry @pandadair! I cannot wait to consume my body weight in nigiri once LO comes.  I probably shouldn't do that the same night I consume my Pinot Noir. That would make for a bad hangover!
  • I thought I was the only one until a friend of mine mentioned it on FB: 

I did not know until recently that Snickerdoodles contain neither peanuts nor peanut butter. 

With a name like SNICKERdoodle, how can they not contain anything that is in a Snickers? 

Did I mention that I am known for my holiday cookies every year? Baker Fail. 
  • Shorty and I were dancing around to my pandora station having a grand time. Then Disco Stick by Lady Gaga came on. My confession is: I didn't switch the song. Shorty was dancing and laughing so cute to it, I didn't want to change it. Terrible song for a toddler to dance to, but she was having fun...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• jsaffer01 said:
    My confession: when I get up to pee in the morning, I usually fart as well. However today I sharted and I laughed at myself. I was sitting on the toilet when this happened so no mess in the underwear which is good. And good thing my husband was upstairs so he didn't hear me laughing.
    THIS.  every time.  It's a freaking circus act trying to hold it in if there is someone on the office bathroom...and I'll admit here that one may have slipped out this week.
  • Today I am doing my best impersonation of a sloth. Seriously, I showered, made breakfast, and have been sitting on the couch ever since. DS has been doing an awesome job of playing independently, I read a couple books to him, and now he is watching TV.  I blame my behavior on the following:
    1.  My SI joint is still killing me.  Walking sucks.
    2.  I am sooo tired.
    3.  I am also just plain lazy.

There is still so much on my to-do list, but right now I just don't care.
    imageimage">BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used to be Monica Gellar. My house was spotless. Now I couldn't give a single fuck. You know where I find my clean laundry now? In the hamper where they sit for days because I'm too lazy to fold and put them away. DH tries to help, but shit just doesn't get done like it used to. Oh well.

Also, for those of you wondering I am still battling my addiction with soda. I need help.
  • XathXath member

I could be helping my hubby clean, but I just don't feel like it and he's not complaining about it. I was going to get up and clean the windows at least, but he got to them before me. Guess I'll just stay on the couch and watch all the episodes of Bar Rescue we have on DVR.

I guess my FFFC could be that I used to work at the Piratz Tavern, featured in one of the episodes of that show.

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
  • I used to work as a cashier and we weren't allowed to turn away people with more than 10 items in those lanes.  I usually just had to let the customers argue it out, because there was nothing I could say without getting in trouble!
    I was a cashier too and we were allowed to turn people away that had a whole cart full, unless we were dead and no one got in line behind them.
     i worked at Whole Foods, where we had to basically kiss the customer's ass and do whatever they wanted.  It was frustrating at times!
  • I could be helping my hubby clean, but I just don't feel like it and he's not complaining about it. I was going to get up and clean the windows at least, but he got to them before me. Guess I'll just stay on the couch and watch all the episodes of Bar Rescue we have on DVR.
    I guess my FFFC could be that I used to work at the Piratz Tavern, featured in one of the episodes of that show.
    Really?  Were things as crazy there as they made them out to be on the show?
    BFP #1 - 1/23/13.  HB of 157 @ 12 weeks.  U/S 3/8/13 .  Natural MC @ 13 weeks 3/11/13.
    BFP #2 - 9/19/13. EDD 5/21/14.
    Baby girl born 5/25/14.
  • I fully intend to eat medium rare steak tonight at dinner. Mil is taking me out to see a performance of Handel's Messiah, and taking me to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner. And I'm gonna go with it. And I have no shame.
  • XathXath member
    husker10 said:

I could be helping my hubby clean, but I just don't feel like it and he's not complaining about it. I was going to get up and clean the windows at least, but he got to them before me. Guess I'll just stay on the couch and watch all the episodes of Bar Rescue we have on DVR.

Really?  Were things as crazy there as they made them out to be on the show?

Yes and no? The owner had no restaurant experience when she opened the business, and it ruined her financially. She's made some terrible decisions, but the place is still open 8 years later, and it's doing better each year. I hear the employees even get paychecks now...

That said, what the guy did on the show was a total crock. His assessment of the area was a blatant lie. He labeled a church and a parking garage as businesses, and claimed it was a corporate area. The two largest employees in walking distance are the Discovery Channel and NOAA, neither of which have a terribly corporate atmosphere. Also, who wants to go to an office-themed bar to wind down from a day at the office? Several of the devices he installed in the renovation were illegal in Montgomery County and would have gotten the restaurant fined and shut down if they'd kept them. Overall, the episode seemed to be a colossal waste of money and time by both parties, which is unfortunate. The place could have used some legitimate help and become amazing.

The menu and food there are fantastic. The service is....highly variable. If you find yourself in the area, check it out. The Piri Piri Chicken appetizer is so addictively good that I think one of the ingredients must be crack. And the steak on a stone is one of my favorite ways to eat a filet I have ever experienced.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
  • FFFC: it's Friday night and I'm staying in to help DH do a kerretin treatment on his hair. He's such a princess.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• My FFFC is that I leave things intentionally around the house and its like a battle of wills between me or DH on who will do it first.....

• I have no desire whatsoever to go into spontaneous labor. Please doc give me an induction date! I don't need the element of surprise. Let me put it on my schedule!
    This is why I was secretly relieved to end up having a c-section the first time. It makes the second time so nice and orderly.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• I have another one!! I didn't use baby detergent! I just used the regular ride pods DH and I use all the time.

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• I have another one!! I didn't use baby detergent! I just used the regular ride pods DH and I use all the time.

With DS, I used the thing of direct I got at my shower but that was it. If your kid has a reaction then you'd have to wash more than just their clothes (they are against you a bunch too) in the special detergent but nobody thinks to wash their own clothes in the super special unicorn farts baby detergent.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Lame-o confession:  I don't know what it means to be Monica Gellar (aside from it probably has something to do with being very clean) and I am not curious enough to google.  Laziness for the win!
  • I ate my sons doughnut yesterday and when he got back from the park and Daddy told me he wasn't a good boy I told him the Easter Bunny came by and took his doughnut because he was a naughty at the park. I felt super bad about it but he has been so well behaved since then the guilt is slowly fading.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jenb_99 said:
    I'm not a kid person or one of those extremely motherly types. I love my own and tolerate my loved ones' kids for the most part, but I'd rather not be around other people's children. I have no desire or instinct to take care of other people's kids either. I've never liked babysitting, I don't hold or coo over other people's babies, and I'm not the mom who runs over to mediate playground fights or pick up someone else's child after a tumble. I'm not mean or negligent and I will help if I'm needed, but I don't go out of my way to be motherly to anybody else's kids but mine.
    I was doing work in the office one day at the end of last semester and one of my colleagues brought his baby in. Since I'm one of only a few females in the entire department, I felt like he expected me to come over and be all baby crazy, but I was just thinking that the time spent cooing over his baby was taking away from my work time. (Also, I was pregnant then, but I hadn't told anyone.)
    Ditto to both of these comments! I hate when people expect me to be all goo goo gaa gaa over their babies.

That One Gal From Alaska :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"