Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

HSG test and Chlomid.

Good morning everyone,

We have been trying to get pregnant for about a year. I haven't had my period in 7 months so we went to my gyno yesterday. She recommended scheduling a HSG test which I set up for Friday. I'm reading different reviews about the test so I'm really not sure what to expect. She is also starting me on Clomid.

Has any one done the HSG test or been put on Chlomid? What should i expect from the test and medicine? Has this process been succesful for anyone?

Re: HSG test and Chlomid.

• Options
    cls78cls78 member
    I did 3 rounds of clomid with a RE all BFN. Go to a RE for fertility treatments not a OB. GL!
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

1) You shouldn't be taking Clomid under the supervision of an OBGYN.  You should seek the help of an RE (reproductive endocrinologist).  Yes, they're more expensive, but their expertise is much greater.

2) If you do take Clomid, you MUST be monitored and that means regular ultrasounds.  Make sure that happens regardless of which doctor you see.

3) I'm surprised she's not jump-starting your period with Provera before starting you on Clomid.  You really should have your period first before you start that medicine.

4) I've had an HSG before.  It's not too bad, unless you have a blockage.  Take the recommended pain relief beforehand.  It will help.

Please, please be careful with Clomid.  It can cause cysts and it could increase your chance of multiples.  We find a lot of times OBGYNs dispense it like candy and rarely with any type of monitoring.  Take this seriously and consider seeking treatment from an RE if you really think you have fertility problems.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for all the advise. She is putting me on Provera first. She did seem like she would be monitoring me through out the cycle with blood work. But I may consult a RE first like you guys suggested. Thanks again.

Katy - Really? You're rude. It wasn't necessary to call me lazy. If you read my post correctly you would see i said i had been doing some research and I'm reading different reviews. I wanted to make my own post with my own story.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"