3rd Trimester

Re: stripping membrane

• It was incredibly painful and did nothing. If you're favorable it may help, if you're not it really won't do much. I wouldn't do it again unless it was a last ditch effort before/to avoid induction.
  • My doctor did it 5 days after I was due. There was some discomfort but it wasn't painful for me. I went into labor the following morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • With my fist LO I had my membranes stripped at 39 and 40 weeks... it did absolutely nothing bit give me more BH and made my cervix super sore. I most likely won't be having it done this time around.
  • With DD I had mine stripped at 39 weeks and again at 41 weeks. It did nothing. I went into labor at 42 weeks. It was really uncomfortable and I probably will not be getting it done this time. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lurker from 2nd tri

With my first I had mine stripped at 39w1d and went in to labor the next day. With my second I had them stripped at 39w2d and went into labor that night. Both times I was about 3-4cm. You have a 50/50 chance.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Had my membranes stripped at 41 weeks with DS. It's quite uncomfortable. I was in labor 12 hours labor but it's hard to say that it was this or sex that put me over.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I had started mild, irregular contractions on a Saturday, had mine stripped that Tues at 40weeks 2 days. I hated it and don't think I will ever do it again. It hurt, I bled A LOT and it gave me horrible cramps that confused the hell out of me because then I was trying to tell the difference between cramps and contractions and I couldn't sleep at all that night. Labored all through the next day and night, and had LO that Thurs 415 am. I was already contracting so I'm not sure if it kicked my contractions up the next day or if that was already gonna happen.
    image image BabyFruit Ticker First Jelly Bean EDD Jan 26 2014 - 1 day before MY birthday!
  • Lurking** I had it done with my 2nd day before his due date (last appt) and he was born 24 hours later. It was uncomfortable, I kind of felt a "popping" sensation but that was all.
  • I haven't had experience with this, but a close friend had this done with her last two around the end of her 38th week. She was in labor with both 48-72 hours later. She said it hurt a lot and was uncomfortable, but she would
    do it again if she was having a 4th based on her results.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for the advice, ladies! The thought of stripping my membrane makes my skin crawl, so I will avoid it! :)
  • I had it done with both my previous pregnancies and had both within 2-3 days... I will be getting mine stripped again tomorrow so we will see what happens!! Fwiw it does hurt pretty bad though
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had it done at my 39 week appointment and my water broke immediately after. 

• Had it done today and it didn't hurt me. Was uncomfortable, but we will see what happens. Last time I had it done at 41 weeks and I went into labour that night.
  • Had mine done Wednesday and again Thursday. I started off thick, posterior, and barely dilated but here I am holding a baby!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"