July 2014 Moms

FFFC? Have we started it?

2»

Re: FFFC? Have we started it?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tourqeyes said:
    The last month of my first pregnancy DH suggested I sit on a towel in my car in case my water broke. It never did, but I'd do it again. I'll probably do it at work also since they just bought me a new chair. And...I want to figure out what to do for my bed because the mattress is new.

Chances are like last time my water won't break, but I will be grossed out if I have to sleep on a bed knowing my amniotic fluid leaked into it (or sitting on a chair I'm in for 40 hours a week, or the seat in my car etc etc etc). Better safe than sorry.
    When I was pregnant the last time, DH brought from work (he does maintenance) the pads you put under cars to absorb oil. I slept with those under my sheets after I had the baby in case of any postpartum leakage. We also put them on the car seats on the way to the hospital because my water broke at home. 

Now I have a huge stack of the pads they put on the hospital beds that I took last time. The oil pads are more breathable and cooler to sleep on because they don't have plastic like the hospital ones. 

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • FFFC #1: Winn Dixie has Hershey's candy bars on sale this week Buy One Get One Free. I have about 30 Buy One Get One Free Reese's cup coupons. I may have bought Reese's cups by the box (ALL FREE BITCHES) and I may have contemplated hiding them from my family. Alas, I did end up sharing since it's Easter weekend and all that isht. 

FFFC #2: Does anyone watch that rachet ass show Love & Hip hop? Anyway, there's all this talk about one of those bitches (she's like 40 something by the way -gag-) releasing a sex tape and doing shower rod gymnastics or some isht. I guess my confession is I kind of want to see said sex tape and judge for myself how "crazy" the shower rod scene was. Apparently a lot of big box stores are getting all kinds of crazy demands for "super-strength" shower rods so they can try it themselves at home. Read the article here
    =))

imageimage

• BP607BP607 member
    We only get the trash taken out at our office and have to do the rest of the cleaning on our own.  I eat at my desk every day and have never once ran the sweeper under my desk.  No one can really see it but it's getting kind of embarrassing but I still haven't cleaned the crumbs.   ^#(^
  • FFFC #1 I have called 3 separate times to confirm my Easter brunch reservations.  I am so excited for Easter brunch and I have an irrational fear that they will give our reservations away.

FFFC#2 I bought Easter Candy today and bought additional candy that I plan on saving for me after the baby is born so I can eat it then since I currently have GD.  I know I'm crazy...and greedy.

DSC_0111DSC_0036

DS Born 4/7/2011
    DD Born 7/14/2014
  • chevronsevenchevronseven member
    edited April 2014
    I want a cigarette so bad I almost feel like I could cry over it. Its quite ridiculous considering I haven't had a cigarette in like 2 years. I don't know what my problem is but I would kill for a cigarette and a strongbow.
    Don't feel bad, I get the urge sometimes too. I haven't touched them in forever and never would. I miss the instant feeling of relief that it offered. I usually stuff my face with bubblegum at those times.
    I quit smoking over 8 years ago and quit drinking over 3 years ago. There have been times during this pregnancy that all I really want out of life is a Marlboro Light and a Guinness. I won't do it, but I understand the urge. It freaks my husband out when I tell him.
    My mom quit about 10 years ago after 40 years of smoking and she still craves it every so often. One time she tried one after several years and choked on it, it wasn't the least bit pleasurable for her, so that helps when the thought comes up now. Good for you ladies for making a healthy change that is not easy to make!
    image          image

• I'm secretly thrilled that we aren't traveling for Easter weekend. DH's aunts will be staying with MIL/FIL, and I just can't stand those two women. The last time I saw them was when they invited themselves over to my house for a weekend in Sept, not calling to ask us if we minded if they came, but TELLING DH's parents to "let us know". They are the most rude, inconsiderate people I know, not to mention they lack hygiene and social graces. I pretty much avoid more than just a simple hi at family gatherings.

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

• My company constantly has supervisors moving around to different stores. My co- area manager and I want to KILLL our current one. He's a complete idiot. When he leaves, he'll be replaced by a guy who thinks he gets paid to walk around, drink coffee and smoosch. I dont have the patience to deal with these idiot men and be 7 months pregnant and somewhat miserable.
  • I have to go to nephew's 1st bday party tomorrow. I think SIL is probably going wayyyy over the top. Then when this kid has cake and not a big 1 year to do, MIL will think I suck as a parent.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm secretly thrilled that we aren't traveling for Easter weekend. DH's aunts will be staying with MIL/FIL, and I just can't stand those two women. The last time I saw them was when they invited themselves over to my house for a weekend in Sept, not calling to ask us if we minded if they came, but TELLING DH's parents to "let us know". They are the most rude, inconsiderate people I know, not to mention they lack hygiene and social graces. I pretty much avoid more than just a simple hi at family gatherings.

See, when people pull that shit I usually tell them no. We're super hospitable people and usually offer to let people stay before they even get the chance to ask, but if somebody just TOLD me (or worse, told someone else to tell me!) they were staying, my answer is no. Sorry if that makes me a bitch, but in that situation I would feel like I have to assert that I CAN say no because it is MY house.

My exact words to DH were "No, they are NOT staying here. They can stay in a hotel." We already had MIL/FIL staying here that weekend, and with just one guest bedroom, nowhere else to host guests. I told DH that he had to call his parents and aunts and tell them no. He called and they talked, an guess what- the aunts showed up anyways. I was furious that they had no respect for us as hosts, and didn't even ask us if they could come visit, just showed up with pillows and blankets "Oh, we will sleep on the floor." They just don't get the social aspect of how things work! Fortunately I only see them about 2xs a year.

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

See, when people pull that shit I usually tell them no. We're super hospitable people and usually offer to let people stay before they even get the chance to ask, but if somebody just TOLD me (or worse, told someone else to tell me!) they were staying, my answer is no. Sorry if that makes me a bitch, but in that situation I would feel like I have to assert that I CAN say no because it is MY house.

My exact words to DH were "No, they are NOT staying here. They can stay in a hotel." We already had MIL/FIL staying here that weekend, and with just one guest bedroom, nowhere else to host guests. I told DH that he had to call his parents and aunts and tell them no. He called and they talked, an guess what- the aunts showed up anyways. I was furious that they had no respect for us as hosts, and didn't even ask us if they could come visit, just showed up with pillows and blankets "Oh, we will sleep on the floor." They just don't get the social aspect of how things work! Fortunately I only see them about 2xs a year.
    You have GOT to be kidding me. Smh....

image          image

• I forgot to post my actual FFFC yesterday so I will do it a day late.

I can't put a bra on the right way. Never could. I have to latch it in the front and then turn it around to the back and pull the straps over my arms. I just can't get it to latch when it's behind me!
    image          image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @shanicenicolle‌ @helloblueeyes‌ OMG really?! I thought I was such a freak for doing it that way! I'm so excited now!!!
    image          image

• @livelaughlove88, i do mine from behind. I get tangled up latching it frontways and then trying to turn it around. :-)

Same! I always put it in, then "scoop and adjust" the girls into place haha
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • AMcLaws said:
    @livelaughlove88, i do mine from behind. I get tangled up latching it frontways and then trying to turn it around. :-)
    I have tried this but because my boobs are huge it's like they don't get situated right. I bend over, put my bra on, latch behind, and then stand straight up. I read somewhere for people with big boobs, that your boobs should sit just how they are when the bra is put on that way.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• AMcLaws said:

@livelaughlove88, i do mine from behind. I get tangled up latching it frontways and then trying to turn it around. :-)

I have tried this but because my boobs are huge it's like they don't get situated right. I bend over, put my bra on, latch behind, and then stand straight up. I read somewhere for people with big boobs, that your boobs should sit just how they are when the bra is put on that way.

Maybe. Either way, they're secured :p I used to do it that way, but they were hanging too low and hurting my back.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • I ate a bacon mcgriddle this morning and it was so delicious. Like, really gross if I think about it, but yet so tasty.

I had never had one but after reading all the comments on them this morning I had to have one. It pretty much was amazing... How have I wasted so many years without trying the mcgriddle?!

Oh and my husband thanks you too! Beats the oatmeal we would have had.
  • I forgot to post my actual FFFC yesterday so I will do it a day late.

I can't put a bra on the right way. Never could. I have to latch it in the front and then turn it around to the back and pull the straps over my arms. I just can't get it to latch when it's behind me!

I think this is the proper way to put a bra on.

Technically doing it up in the back is the proper way (according the bra lady at the expensive shop I just got fitted at).

If you do it in the front and turn it around it stretches it out sooner. Though they realize that almost everyone does it up this way anyhow. So she was very encouraging to do the back way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"