September 2012 Moms
Options

Easter Eggs

Two questions:

1. Are you putting anything in them to hide for your S12er?

2. Are you dying eggs with your s12er? If so, is there an easy not so messy way?

Re: Easter Eggs

• Options
    I've seen dying eggs using shaving cream. More or less messy?
  • Options
    We are not putting candy in her eggs. She will have a blast just finding them.I like the idea of putting some change in them though. She is obsessed with putting change in her piggy bank!

It never occurred to me to dye eggs with her. I have never dyed eggs but maybe it would be something fun to start with LO. I will be checking to see what the best way is to do them!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1)I'm putting cheddar bunnies jelly beans and dog treats in the eggs (DD loves telling the dogs to 'it' so she can give them treats)

2) we only have brown eggs right now so we will not be coloring eggs this year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Not dying eggs.  I'm filling them w yogurt covered raisins, annie's bunnies, goldfish, pretzels... basically each one will have a handful of toddler snack food so they are each different.
  • Options
    I'm going to hide some with some change, some goldfish and some fruit snacks.

I wanted to dye eggs but was too lazy so we didn't. Next year  :)

• Options
    I filled them with goldfish, change, and two have 4 m&ms each in them. I got a few bigger ones and put new socks and a couple pacifiers in those :s-- judge away.

I think we are going to attempt to dye eggs, but in going to look into using kool-aid in hopes that it will be a little less messy.
  • Options
    1. Yes, although she'll definitely just be more excited about the "ball" (the egg...anything with that shape she calls a ball)

2. Not this year. I think we'll wait until next year to try and let her dye eggs. I'm going to have her color some egg coloring pages though :)
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    1. Change and goldfish & cheerios in different eggs. She loves putting money in her piggy bank and goldfish are crappy enough, I don't want to give her candy as well (not judging others - do I need a disclaimer)

2. Maybe. I have to go buy white eggs, so if I make it to the store we will. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    We are going to a hunt on Saturday & we also hide some eggs in our backyard for Sunday morning. They'll be a few in their baskets, too. I stuff them with stickers, snacks, jelly beans & I got these mini Lindt foil-wrapped Easter chocolates to put inside, too.

We aren't dying eggs. Mainly b/c I've never hard boiled eggs by myself before! LMAO Maybe next year.

• Options
    Since DS is 5, all the eggs are getting little pieces of candy in them hidden around the house and yard.  I don't think DD will care what's inside if she even finds any.

We are coloring eggs tonight with the good old Paas kits and some newspaper on the table with DD strapped in her booster.    I'm sure I'll IG some of this mess!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Sahara78 said:

1. We'll probably put goldfish or cheerios in her eggs. We might hide some hard boiled eggs, too.

2. No, I think she would cry to drink the dye or eat the eggs. I don't think she'd enjoy it!

L will totally try to eat the eggs. I like the shaving cream idea to prevent trying to drink the vinegar & dye, but think that might cause even more to get into her mouth. Seriously? When do they stop trying to eat everything?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    I bought some snacks and stuff for her eggs. I don't think we will do a hunt at home since Easter is pretty jam packed.

I think I may dye the eggs and let her draw on them or try stickers. I also may make some sugar cookies and let her do sprinkles or something.
  • Options
    I'm a boring mom and I am not doing eggs at all. I did a fun basket, but no eggs. I was going to take her to an egg hunt tomorrow but it's supposed to rain so if it is we will not go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mom2Mack1Mom2Mack1 member
    edited April 2014
    I'll probably put jelly beans, and quarters in their eggs.

We're planning on coloring eggs. A tip I saw on pinterest or Facebook years ago is to put the egg in a whisk. Then let LO dip the egg into the color. Does that make sense??

It worked well when DD was little.

• Options
    We are putting change in the eggs for the boys to find.

I bought a no-spill kit last year for the boys and it worked well in keeping them clean. I bought an egg spinner/dyer today from walmart to give them a tiedyed effect this year.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He dyed eggs and had 2 hunts already with his nursery school class so we probably won't do anything. We don't really celebrate at home yet.
    (Formerly MamaBearKendy)
  • Options
    Yes to both. In the eggs I'm going to put change, animal crackers and a few will have little chocolate eggs(got the small pack for him). I'm excited to dye eggs with him. We did it last year (well, I did, he watched) and he was interested in it. I also saw the whisk idea on Pinterest and was going to try that this year.
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    1) No.  Easter egg hunts were never big with my family, and though I can see myself getting into it with DD later, I don't think she'd be that interested now.  

2) Hells yes!  I love dyeing Easter eggs.  I'm going to try the whisk trick--egg in a big whisk--for DD to try dyeing a couple.  She's not an "everything in the mouth" kid, though, so that probably factors into the decision.
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    No. Last year I put change in James eggs because he got a piggy bank for Easter. This year they will be empty and we will just keep rehiding as much as they want to play.

If we have time tomorrow, we might paint eggs.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Opposite of @meatballesq, we did not have a good time dying eggs. L only wanted to smash them and pull the peal off to eat them. She ate 3 hardboiled eggs before they could even get dyed - ha!

I didn't care about the mess, but it was still no fun. I just gave her some plastic eggs and a marker to draw on them instead. That was much more fun for all of us.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"