Working Moms

Recommend your nanny tax service

If you use a service to handle all the payroll/tax prep, who do you use? If you do it yourself, how hard is it? Our nanny starts in less than 2 weeks and I'm trying to navigate all the paperwork needed to withhold taxes and such. It's a bit overwhelming. There are a lot of companies out there that will do it for you. Just looking for recommendations if you like yours.

Re: Recommend your nanny tax service

• We use breedlove. They are pricey, but handle everything. I was overwhelmed by all the paperwork. It seems doable if you have the time for it. I'm just too stressed out with work to deal with one more thing. Breedlove has been great.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• cja06cja06 member
    @wife07mom09‌, reading through everything on the IRS website, it seems more complex than you describe with new hire and EIN paperwork filing, quarterly state and federal income filings and then the annual filing and W-2. I'm sure it's all stuff I can figure out but I'm worried about overlooking something, missing a deadline, or just doing it wrong in general. We're talking to our CPA but I know this is not his area of expertise.

• Loading the player...
  • I use intuit online payroll service.  it is less than $20 a month, and got the first 6 months at half that.  It was a pain to setup, but they guide you through the process.  You have to file for both a federal and state ID numbers, then setup the different rates.  Now, I can do weekly payroll from my phone in under 1 min.  And it gets direct deposited to our nanny's account.  Great for traveling, since I'm the one who handles the pay and am not always home on payday.

We withhold state and federal income taxes, social security, medicare and state unemployment.  state income tax and unemployment are paid quarterly, intuit calculates our payment and i just login to our state website and pay each quarter.  Federal taxes we pay yearly as part of our yearly income tax - always makes our tax bill huge, but we know to expect it.  Intuit also completes w-2 for our nanny each year.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"