Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Looks like oatmeal and drinking lots of water helped increase supply..

Hi....I was worried abOut my sudden low supply ( almost had to squeeze the milk out to get about 2 oz) which happeNed few times. So I decided to havE oatmeal for breakfast instead of cereal and it worked liked a charm. Also after every feeding started drinking more water ...about 700ml (24oz). Now I am back to having supply as before. However, on a side note - still struggling to keep my 2 month old awake during feedings, and she seems to be distracted easily. 5 mins in one side and she is done. Happy Nursing.

Re: Looks like oatmeal and drinking lots of water helped increase supply..

• Options
    How much oatmeal did you eat?
    image         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    AlikiAliki member
    Other tips for a sleepy nurser is to get them completely naked before nursing for increased skin-to-skin contact. 

Off-handedly, since you mentioned low milk supply and a sleepy nurser, how's her latch? If the latch is very shallow, she could be getting exhausted and falling asleep, resulting in low milk supply. This happened with my DD #2 because of tongue-tie.
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    firstkidfirstkid member
    edited April 2014
    Not a whole lot...1/2 - 1 cup as my breakfast.
  • Options
    What kind of oatmeal??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"