Baby Showers
Options

Grandma-to-be Hostess Gift

I have seen posts of what to get regular hostesses (friends and extended family). But I want to get special gifts for my Mom and MIL that are hosting. Any ideas?

Re: Grandma-to-be Hostess Gift

• Options
    I just ordered a gift basket from yankee candle. grape vineyard and oak collection or something like that. It smelled so good and had beautiful candle holders in the basket. I almost ordered one for myself lol I decided to also get my MIL a nice bottle of wine to complete the theme. They also have different gift basket themes or gift ideas on their website. 
  • Options

What do they like?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I kind of wanted a grandma-to-be theme because this is my mother's first grandchild. The gift basket idea is cute though :)
  • Options
    I got my MIL a Tervis tumbler that says grandma and then I'm going to put grandma loves me bibs or something like that with it. 

• Options
    I kind of wanted a grandma-to-be theme because this is my mother's first grandchild. The gift basket idea is cute though :)

You could get them each their own diper bags, maybe?

My mom picks my DD up from daycare 2x a week, so I gave her a personalized Land's End tote with her monogram.  She would use it as a diaper bag-- there are lots of inside pockets/ compartments, but when DD is potty trianed, she can still get use out of it.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I've been told a grandchild is a good gift...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We took my mom and stepdad out to dinner at their favorite restaurant by our house (they live out of state). My mom also had a spa day booked with one of her girlfriends so I called the spa and paid for whatever appointments she had made including gratuity. 

• Options
    I got my mom a silver necklace. It has three rings on it - one big, one medium, and one small. The rings represent her, me, and her granddaughter to be. It came with a little card with a poem explaining the significance. She cried (of course) and she wears it all the time. I got it from Glorious Girl Jewlery on Etsy. I definitely wanted to give her something sentimental since this is her first grandchild, and this seemed to do the job.
  • Options
    That is an awesome idea! I got her this grandparent book where she writes down her memories to questions asked and that would be the perfect addition!
  • Options
    I just looked on etsy and I dont see it. Can you post the link?
  • Options
    It's like this one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/116690287/grandma-necklace-poem-card-included?ref=shop_home_feat_2

But I emailed her and asked her to customize it to make it into three different sized rings - she did that and changed the poem that was included to reflect the significance.  She was VERY accommodating and the product shipped the next day.  I highly recommend.
  • Options
    Thanks for this awesome idea, I just ordered something similar for my mom thanks to you :)
  • Options
    So glad I could help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"