Cloth Diapering

FFFC

Flame Free Friday Confessions...Chunk will get us started.image
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: FFFC

• Today is a holiday in the UK. DH is out with the dog for a country walk. I took DS to a neighborhood cafe for breakfast, since our morning routine was all screwed up from sleeping in.

It felt like crap to see all these people out with their families, and here I am having just another Friday.

When DH gets home tonight I'm telling him that I'm going to just take a day for myself. I am going to be out the door while DS is still in his pajamas and be home for dinner. DH can just deal.
  • Not really a confession but I wanted to put this somewhere since the SN seemed familiar....

:-\"

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12320471/a-very-special-thursday-night-confession

Holy f-ing shit.
    I am a total cynic and do not participate in the MULTITUDE of sunshine missions and gift exchanges that my BMB has set up, but it still shocks me when I see stuff like this.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • edited April 2014
    My confession: I haven't done any housework this week and the house is a complete wreck.  DH asked why I haven't done anything and I told him that DS has been crazy.  I've just been so lazy.

It's gotten so bad that after DS was crawling on the floor, I found my hair stuck all over his onesie.
    X_X
    Yeah, we got the hair issue going over here too. :(

ETA: It's so bad DH feels like he has to lint roller the baby before picking him up :/
  • I used to be very pearl clutchy about people who "denied kids food when they were hungry," but now that I have a kid who asks for snacks all. Damned. Day. I get it.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My confession: Totally convinced DH to go to the dark side of unprotected sex! muahahaha (And no we aren't trying (yet)!) And I plan to totally take advantage of him again tonight (our first night w/o baby overnight). 
  • I watched too many Paranormal Witness episodes while I was sick this week and now I'm a little bit scared of my closet at night  :\">
  • @MapleMe So did the crazy woman actually write the post under an AE, or did someone do it for her to let her know she'd been figured out?

• tjkdlhbtjkdlhb member
    edited April 2014

@MapleMe So did the crazy woman actually write the post under an AE, or did someone do it for her to let her know she'd been figured out?
    Someone else did it.

@mapleme    I don't gif.  I don't know how.

but
    :x

I've bitten my tongue way too many times in the past few months.

edit:typo

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had a similar situation on my first BMB and it took a while for the mod to be removed even though she stepped down on her own. That board doesn't even have a mod now.

• Mapleme said:

@MapleMe So did the crazy woman actually write the post under an AE, or did someone do it for her to let her know she'd been figured out?

The FB group decided to out her using one of the AEs they created for April Fool's day in case the outting would result in a banning or something. I think the way they did the post was weird and caused more confusion than necessary, but it got the point across. Although ATM Erbear1010 is still our mod...

I feel like an asshole for making her the other admin in our FB group. :( But everyone liked her and agreed on her and that she should be since she's a mod here....

I hope TB gods take care of her quickly. I didn't even donate, and the situation disgusts me so much.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I hate it when people page parenting.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, I'm tardy to the party. They paged Parenting into the M14 thread to get the fire under Beejs butt. They would of found it eventually anyways. That whole situation is a hot mess. More so than the Alecia debacle.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I only half-ass cleaned this morning while DD was laying down (NOT napping...), even though my mom is coming over to watch DD when I go to work, half because I feel like shit (cramps/contractions/low BP) and half because I was catching up on aforementioned drama...but I'm also kind of hoping my mom will just take pity on me and finish cleaning for me.

BabyFruit Ticker

• freezorburnfreezorburn member
    edited April 2014
    That's just insane.

Ech. My first attempt at a GIF and it doesn't work.
  • JEPES1348JEPES1348 member
    edited April 2014
    I have a confession: On Wednesday I had a bunch of patients cancel, and I spent 2 consecutive hours on The Bump, and wrote exactly 3 session notes, each of which take about 5 minutes. Sometimes I'm overpaid.   :\">

• jcwinsto said:
    FFFC I could care less about Bump drama. I think it's the silliest thing on earth. You don't know these people in person (usually) yet people will let others get to them or flame someone when they obviously don't know the whole story. I'm here to talk to mature adults not silly little girls. And the plus side is that if I ever become unpopular (for a good reason or not) I can log off and just never come back again and it certainly won't bother me. P.S. I really like you CD bumpies though. We usually think pretty much alike. You're about the most normal internet forum I've ever come across.

Hater.

#SillylittlegirlsREPRESENT
    LOL at your inappropriate use of hashtags.  I thought you said you hate it when people do that?  Are you coming around?

• jcwinsto said:

FFFC I could care less about Bump drama. I think it's the silliest thing on earth. You don't know these people in person (usually) yet people will let others get to them or flame someone when they obviously don't know the whole story. I'm here to talk to mature adults not silly little girls. And the plus side is that if I ever become unpopular (for a good reason or not) I can log off and just never come back again and it certainly won't bother me.

P.S. I really like you CD bumpies though. We usually think pretty much alike. You're about the most normal internet forum I've ever come across.

Hater.

#SillylittlegirlsREPRESENT
    I laughed really hard at this and MH asked me what I was laughing about. I tried to explain the whole convo and now he's looking at me like I have 3 heads. He is much to practical to spend time with virtual internet friends. Lol!
  • We had a box of disposables in our earth quake kit. As LO was about to outgrow them we have been CD free for over a week and I have loved the absence of the washing routine, scraping etc etc. we are nearly out so back to CD'ing tomorrow..... Mixed emotions

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• FFFC: I'm a snarky bitch on other boards.  Just look at my 8 abuse and 2 spam points lol
    You should probably bring some of that snark up in here, yo.
  • My FFFC is that sometimes I could really just pinch DS's little head off. I mean, I don't literally want to do him harm, but the kid is just too dang smart and knows how to push my buttons. On Monday (before he started getting sick) I decided to really start encouraging him sitting on the potty. He has been obsessed with the potty and his penis for weeks now, so I thought it was great timing. He was happy to do it maybe twice. Then after that if I asked him if he wanted/needed to go sit on the potty, he would answer, "No," with a huge smile. The kicker is, 'Ive been working on getting the boy to answer yes/no questions for months now, and before he always looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language! Argh!!!!!

Oh, also when we were at Target this morning, I let him hold a pack of Boogie Wipes. He apparently thought they were regular diaper wipes and decided to demonstrate this mental connection by saying penis repeatedly and trying to stuff the wipes in his pants as soon as we walked by another customer. I totally played it off by saying, "Oh, honey, I don't have any peanuts right now. Here, have a piece of soft pretzel." :\">
    OMG, that made me laugh so hard!

• FFFC: I'm a snarky bitch on other boards.  Just look at my 8 abuse and 2 spam points lol

You should probably bring some of that snark up in here, yo.

It's so hard to snark here though.  Other than when we had that "am I pregnant" post.

Hmmm. I think you are forgetting sweaty baby.

Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

• I don't like to judge people, but all what I can say is the. We are the one responsible for our own actions, and all this people who participate on donating money, they should know the when something like that happen there's nothing people can do, and the best way to help the affected person is to show respect for they lost. Losing someone is not fun and is not ok to made drama not matter what. And is not ok to continuing giving our opinion about this incident.we are all adults and we know better. Also the responsible people for this incident is the QH of the bump, because is not the first time something like this had happen. When they see something like people trying to donate money they should stop them and do something about it. Anyway sorry if I'm offending someone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband and I are very selective about donating money because it's so hard to know if it will be used appropriately. We prefer to donate our time or give needed items.

• JEPES1348JEPES1348 member
    edited April 2014
    Another one from me: (not really confessing, just bitching, I suppose). Friday is my early day. I get off at 2:00 and always enjoy some much needed mommy-daughter time for the rest of the afternoon because I work way too much and I feel like she lives at daycare. Well DH just let me know that he's on his way home early, but he has a phone meeting at 3:00. So not only is he interrupting my precious alone time with my baby, but he's also going to be on a stupid conference call so we need to be quiet-ish so he can hear. Wtf, man? Buzzkill on my afternoon! Stay at work, and we'll see you in a few hours.

Edited because I posted too soon

• JEPES1348 said:
    Another one from me: (not really confessing, just bitching, I suppose). Friday is my early day. I get off at 2:00 and always enjoy some much needed mommy-daughter time for the rest of the afternoon because I work way too much and I feel like she lives at daycare. Well DH just let me know that he's on his way home early, but he has a phone meeting at 3:00. So not only is he interrupting my precious alone time with my baby, but he's also going to be on a stupid conference call so we need to be quiet-ish so he can hear. Wtf, man? Buzzkill on my afternoon! Stay at work, and we'll see you in a few hours. Edited because I posted too soon
    GAH! This drives me crazy!! If you're going to be working, just stay at the office!
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• JEPES1348 said:
    Another one from me: (not really confessing, just bitching, I suppose). Friday is my early day. I get off at 2:00 and always enjoy some much needed mommy-daughter time for the rest of the afternoon because I work way too much and I feel like she lives at daycare. Well DH just let me know that he's on his way home early, but he has a phone meeting at 3:00. So not only is he interrupting my precious alone time with my baby, but he's also going to be on a stupid conference call so we need to be quiet-ish so he can hear. Wtf, man? Buzzkill on my afternoon! Stay at work, and we'll see you in a few hours. Edited because I posted too soon
    GAH! This drives me crazy!! If you're going to be working, just stay at the office!
    Oh my gosh, yes! The one time I called DH and asked him to please take a day off work and come home (b/c I felt like death on a cracker and was struggling to take care of DS), he brought home his work laptop, plopped down on the sofa in front of the TV in the den, and basically was no help at all. I'm pretty sure he even asked me what I was making for lunch.

• N_KozN_Koz member
    FFC: Hubby has the day (not evening) off from his real job. He slept in, we went to the gym and he announced when we got home that he has to go to the bowling alley to practice. I made it clear that didn't thrill me I wanted to take little man and the dogs on a walk since its a beautiful day and spend some family time. He said we'll go for a walk when I get back, fine go. I didn't bother to inform him that little man will be napping by then and he is now officially on my crap list and I intend to ignore him for the rest of the day. I also intend to ignore all the housework I should do and read all the bump drama now instead. I love reading and hearing about other people's drama that doesn't directly effect me. One of the ladies in my FB group from another website had a late loss and everyone wanted to donate for the funeral, I am way too cynical to donate to people I don't know and some really shady crap went down.  

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 

• JEPES1348 said:
    Oh my gosh, yes! The one time I called DH and asked him to please take a day off work and come home (b/c I felt like death on a cracker and was struggling to take care of DS), he brought home his work laptop, plopped down on the sofa in front of the TV in the den, and basically was no help at all. I'm pretty sure he even asked me what I was making for lunch.
    I can totally see DH doing this!! And then he wonders why I don't ever ask him for help with anything.
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Yesterday I found the crib and dresser that I want for DS2. They had a sign inside the crib that makes it $200 off if you buy it and an accessory piece (like the dresser). Anyway, when I looked at it online later in the day, they only have the sale on the white version, not the dark wood version like at the store. I am of a mind to go back to the store and insist on getting the sale price on it anyway b/c I really love it. I know it's "on them" for having it marked wrong, but I am nervous that they will fight me on it b/c I don't always stand my ground well. In the meantime, I think DS and I will go to the local baby boutique (green snotty nose and all) and see what they've got on sale in case I find something nicer for a reasonable price.

• Yesterday I found the crib and dresser that I want for DS2. They had a sign inside the crib that makes it $200 off if you buy it and an accessory piece (like the dresser). Anyway, when I looked at it online later in the day, they only have the sale on the white version, not the dark wood version like at the store. I am of a mind to go back to the store and insist on getting the sale price on it anyway b/c I really love it. I know it's "on them" for having it marked wrong, but I am nervous that they will fight me on it b/c I don't always stand my ground well. In the meantime, I think DS and I will go to the local baby boutique (green snotty nose and all) and see what they've got on sale in case I find something nicer for a reasonable price.
    You never know.  The sale price might have been correct at the store and maybe they're just out of it online.  I would definitely go back and ask.  You don't have to be mean about it.  I always ask really nicely...over and over again, lol.  You catch more flies with honey...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"