Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

BMs after starting baby food

ErinbsiseErinbsise member
edited April 2014 in Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Hey everyone! My son started baby food about a week and a half ago and for the past few days I've noticed his BMs are very hard and dry. He has at least one or two a day but it just worries me that they've become like that. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what was the cause and how did you fix it? Thanks!

Re: BMs after starting baby food

• Options

Im sure the fact that you started solids is the culprit.  Their little digestive systems have to get used to the food.  They have only had liquid up until now. I would call your pedi and see what they suggest.  good luck momma!

• Options
    No need to worry! My 5 month old did the same thing with sweet potatoes! It's just their digestive tract getting used to something other than liquid. They say to try a new food after three days of testing it, so what I did to help was alternate new foods that were binding and ones that made them go more. For example I did bananas for three days and my LO did good but did not have a BM. so then I moved on to pears for three days and she went just fine! This can help if you are worried about them going!! Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"