3rd Trimester
Options

Pelvic pain

Hi everyone! I am 29 weeks and starting last week I have developed terrible pelvic pain. It's a soreness almost as if someone kicked me with all of their might at the front of my pubic bone. It hurts to get up out of seated positions, walking (I feel like I now am waddling to avoid the pain), and it's just plain uncomfortable. I have no other symptoms. I don't know if the baby is in a weird position or if something else is going on. I see the doctor next week, so I'm trying to hold off until then. Anyone have an idea of what this could be? Is it just normal pregnancy pain? Thanks!!

Re: Pelvic pain

• Options
    I'm 39 weeks and have had the same thing for at least the past 2 months. In addition, my hips KILL me every night when I lay down in bed. It's almost impossible for me to roll over one I'm laying down due to the pain. I've told my docs about it and they pretty much just say it's par for the course. Good luck!
  • Options
    Kegels! And maybe see a physical therapist if it doesn't let up. I've struggled with this for all of my pregnancies and did see a PT after my second. There are plenty of exercises they can recommend to help strengthen that area.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally normal, but tell your doctor anyway. I've had this for a few months (36 weeks along now). Some days it's worse than others, but it's not really something to be really concerned about. I'm sure if it's sooo bad that you can't even move then you should call the doctor.

And @Jennoskcaj, my hips hurt a lot if I forget to use a pillow between my knees when I'm sleeping. Not sure if that's what's happening for you, but just saying.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    I experienced this type of pain last week. I decided to call my OB. They had me go in, and I was checked out. Everything looked fine! She told me it was normal for this stage of pregnancy and that it was probably round ligament pain. She said I could take Tylenol to help ease the pain. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Sounds like normal pregnancy pains. I've had the same pain since 18 weeks (I'm now 31 weeks).
  • Options
    Sounds like what I have. It's pubic Symphosis your pelvis is over stretching from the hormone relaxin. Mine is so bad I wear a support harness to give extra support to my pelvis. It's so bad now I'm on crutches to help me walk. It can be very common if it makes you feel better once baby is delivered the pain goes. I have had to start my maternity now because I can't walk without being in pain. I also do daily physio on it and swimming helps. You need to ice it for 5 mins each evening.
  • Options
    Ugh I also have the lovely pelvic night pain. It used to keep my up at night I don't know if it got better or I became immune but I still feel sore when I wake up.
  • Options
    I've also been dealing with this since about 18-19 weeks.  Mostly on the left side of my pelvis.  Its extremely painful, especially when I first get up from sitting or lying down or trying to cross my legs.  Seems like it subsides a bit the more I move around though. 
  • Options
    @jmcdyer‌ - yes, I use one of those full body pillows (the big U) and also started using another small log-shaped pillow between my legs just to prop my top leg up even higher. Lol... The extra pillow seemed to help a bit, plus doing a lot of stretching before bed helps as well.
  • Options
    yup. don't believe the hype that it is round ligament pain and must be tolerated. i didn't get my first correct diagnosis (spd) until 6 mos post partum with ds. it took the chiro a couple weeks to get it back where it should be. it is totally normal due to the hormone shifts, but in my experience it did not go back on its own and was incredibly painful. i highly rec'd seeing a chiro or pt for some relief. 
    good luck! it sucks, that is for sure!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't have pain in that area per say but lately I've been feeling like my joints and bones in my pelvis are held together by thin strings...I feel like the firm structure there is falling apart
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"