May 2014 Moms

Any other weenies?

I am so done! How long do you ladies expect to keep going? Between my toddler, bring 35 and finishing up my senior year of college, I feel spent! I know a lot of you will keep it up until the end, but I planned on this being my last week of classes, and I broke down today over the idea of going back next week. I do not remember it being this bad with my first. Anyone else turning in other responsibilities (work or school) early? I am almost 37 weeks, and am being induced at 39 (or sooner if my placenta starts aging) weeks due to pre-existing Diabetes. My professors all knew I needed to wrap up early, but how early is too early? An I supposed to go until I pop? Please tell me I am not alone!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any other weenies?

• YES. Exactly this. I have 2 weeks left at work and I honestly am not sure how I'm going to do it. I actually e-mailed the superintendent's secretary yesterday to ask what I had to do to get out earlier. (I have the sick time, just not sure what I need to do to use it)

I want to suck it up...but it seems like this is going to be the longest 10 days of my life.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I stopped working at 35 weeks because I just could not anymore. Between working full time, 2 kids, RLP, sciatic pain, SPD, then all the "regular" pregnancy things like pregsomnia...I just couldn't do it. I worked until my EDD with my other pregnancies; this one was just a lot harder on me than the others. Some days I can barely walk. 
    I also got hit with a terrible sinus infection that was so bad I only would've called out of work for a solid week anyway.
    So that's me explaining why I've been a huge weenie. I think we all know our own personal limits and you know when you hit that point. I felt really guilty going out so early, but everyone around me (including my OB, of course) could see I just wasn't going to make it. 
    Good luck! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • hello. my name is hhegyesi, and i'm a weenie. today, i am 37W+4. my lastofficial day at work is next Friday. HOwever, I have been working from home and taking many half-days for the last 3ish weeks. My feet swell (despite the box prop under my desk), my hips/pelvis scream like bloody murder, and lately my carpal tunnel hurts so bad it's become difficult to type.

realistically, i'm not a weenie: i'm just 8.5 months pregnant, and ready to get this show on the road.
  • I am a super weenie in that I feel pretty okay (besides lugging around 35 lbs around my waist) but I am impatient and I just want the baby to come. Next week will be last at work and then baby is due mid may. Will you be finishing off the semester in terms of credits but just not going to class? If that's the case, then there's no drawback! How does it work?
  • I'm a huge weenie! I'm 37 weeks and not going back to work. I could probably do a halfday but a full day was killing me. I teach 1st grade and there was NO way I could stay off my feet which were turning into elephant legs by the end of the day. I couldn't ask my friend (who is my long term sub) to come in for a halfday so I'm just letting her take over. I'm not sure what I will do at home for the next 2-3 weeks but my body can't handle the up and down plus long walks down the hallway. DH has been very supportive in listening to my body and the doctor. (She agreed not going back was a good idea) I feel like a complete weenie but I am in general so what is a girl to do.
  • I thought I'd continue my 3 jobs and school til about a week before but I'm 4 weeks out and giving up 1 p/t job next week and toning down the other 1 in the next week or 2. I'm working f/t til a week before and my final is 2 weeks before. I was really sick last week and found out I am anemic this week so that has been the turning point. My body is just like enough already...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a weenie. Luckily I'm a SAHM but I have surrendered my paint roller and have turned into supervisor on nursery decorating. Luckily my mom loves painting. I was taking DS for walks but since I started having random contractions I've kinda put those to a halt as well. I feel bad he doesn't get out as much but we have just shy of 4 weeks until the RCS date. Between SPD an other aches and pains the housework has gone to the wayside and DH helps me do massive catch up on the weekends.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• PattyTC said:
    I'm a huge weenie! I'm 37 weeks and not going back to work. I could probably do a halfday but a full day was killing me. I teach 1st grade and there was NO way I could stay off my feet which were turning into elephant legs by the end of the day. I couldn't ask my friend (who is my long term sub) to come in for a halfday so I'm just letting her take over. I'm not sure what I will do at home for the next 2-3 weeks but my body can't handle the up and down plus long walks down the hallway. DH has been very supportive in listening to my body and the doctor. (She agreed not going back was a good idea) I feel like a complete weenie but I am in general so what is a girl to do.
    This exactly. Being a teacher (especially little kids- I teach music k-3) is rough. You can't take a half day, work from home, or sit down. It's all or nothing. That's why I'm having such a hard time struggling through it! I can't go on "light duty", haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 2014poppy said:
    I am a super weenie in that I feel pretty okay (besides lugging around 35 lbs around my waist) but I am impatient and I just want the baby to come. Next week will be last at work and then baby is due mid may. Will you be finishing off the semester in terms of credits but just not going to class? If that's the case, then there's no drawback! How does it work?
    My professors were all aware I would be finishing up early, with all coursework (almost) done by now. However, I had a class last night that I thought would be my last trip to campus. Part of my final project is a group presentation, which she previously said should be no big deal for me to miss. Last night, she insinuated that it was still pretty early and I should be able to make it for the presentation next week. I was mentally prepared to be done. She has been very understanding thus far, but now I am afraid I will need to have a baby in my arms for her to excuse my absence! I may be over-thinking it all, though. I am generally a good student and feel guilty!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am also so ready to be done. I work full time (luckily from home), but I am working up until I deliver. I was 3 cm and 70% effaced at my appointment yesterday. I don't really want her to come so early (37w today), but I will be SO happy to be done with work for 12 weeks whenever she gets here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"