July 2014 Moms
Options

Buy Buy Baby registry issues ...

Just wondering if any ladies have had issues or complaints with their BBB registry? 75% of my registered stuff is at BBB (big ticket items, essentials, lots of toys, the meat and potatoes). Apparently my host has received complaints about items being discontinued or unavailable. Also a few said the customer service they received was HORRIBLE.
When she told me this I immediately looked at my registry and removed the 2 items that were listed as discontinued. As far as unavailable items, obviously I can't remedy that.
As far as customer service goes, I've been almost overwhelmed with the amazing service I've recieved. I know they're going to kiss my ass since I'm bringing them customers/spending my life's savings there. But I'm literally embarrassed that my guests are having such an issue with BBB.

Anyone else experiencing similar complaints?

Re: Buy Buy Baby registry issues ...

• Options
    I have not heard complaints about bbb, maybe I should check out my registry!
  • Options
    I hate BBB and BRU :) But I'm just being a jerk.

That said, you almost have to check your registry regularly or have a family member do it to keep it updated. This happens a lot at different places. Sorry to hear about your experience.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A lot of ppl said the pattern/color I picked wasn't available or the employee said this is the same when it clearly wasn't. My sister said she got horrible attitude from them too. But like you said I've never had a problem there ever. This time around I didn't even register there. I'll only need a few things so I just reg at bru.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I know when we went to register they told us it was the time of year that newer models were coming out so older models would be discontinued. We made QUADRUPLE sure that we only registered for newer models.

@am7rice‌ a few of my mom's friends complained of similar issues. Such as asking where the pink bath set was and the employee handing them the blue one and insisting it was the set and color we registered for (we're having a girl lol, no blue for miles!) I even went back and double checked my bath items and not a single "blue boy" item.

The preggo Momzilla in me wants to make management aware of the multiple complaints from my guests.
  • Options
    I have noticed my target registry keeps is continuing items... It's frustrating but makes since with the change of season. As far as Bye bye baby the only complaint I hear is that's it's more expensive. But here in CA they will price match and you can use a Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off coupon which them makes Bye Bye Baby cheaper!!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Heather

Southern CA

2nd Pregnancy

May 2012 -- MC

Due Date July 5, 2014 <--- prayers for sticky baby 

• Options
    @HJakes78‌ I have a target registry too and whenever I remove items from it, it displays as being purchased! Lol I can't win! I agree that BBB is more expensive but they have EVERYTHING and they accept coups from BRU too!
  • Options
    BBB registry for us too. We've had excellent cs and no complaints from guests thus far. BBB did tell us in Feb-Apr, all last years models get discontinued so to keep checking back to make sure our registry stays current.
  • Options
    lks18lks18 member
    I didn't have any issues with my BBB registry. I think most people purchased on-line since I had to fly home after my shower so everyone had the gift sent to my home. I hope it goes smoothly for you. I remember with my Pottery Barn wedding registry I had to keep a close eye on back-ordered/discontinued items. That's just the nature of a registry, I think.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have never heard of issues with bbb they are the best by far customer service wise. I would definitely reach out to your local bbb about what people are saying though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • Options
    @Shelleybell‌ im planning on going in and seeing if all the things I've registered for are there. I also want to confront them *nicely* about their lack of customer service. Like I said I'm so embarrassed bc they have been BEYOND AWESOME whenever I've been there.
  • Options
    Ekg688 said:
    @Shelleybell‌ im planning on going in and seeing if all the things I've registered for are there. I also want to confront them *nicely* about their lack of customer service. Like I said I'm so embarrassed bc they have been BEYOND AWESOME whenever I've been there.
    try not to be embarrassed.  you are a customer and your guests deserve to be treated with respect.  I am wondering if the out of stock issue is primarily an in store issue which happens based on the store inventory.  I had to go buy a few gifts for a friend who had a baby and I went to a buybuybaby that was not the local one to me and literally everything was "out of stock".  It was just not available in that specific store because that store wasn't big.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • Options
    I haven't had any issues with BBB. Instead, my issues have been with BRU when trying to order the converter kit for our crib. I hope everything works out for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"