Stay at Home Moms
Options

Our roof is leaking

Omg. I want to cry right now. DH is OOT for work. I called him in a panic. We just had the moss removed from our roof a few weeks ago and they did some repairs. So DH said to call them to put a tarp on. The water is dripping from the light fixture in the toy room. All I can think about is the damage in the attic crawl space. Someone PLEASE tell me it'll be ok :(
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Our roof is leaking

• Options
    That sucks. I'm sorry.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Options
    can you get up into the attic and put a bucket or towels or something to keep it from coming through??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hls19 said:

can you get up into the attic and put a bucket or towels or something to keep it from coming through??

I put a bucket under the light fixture to catch the water. The roofing company is on their way with a tarp. It's actually stopped dripping for the moment.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    oh good! I am so sorry- something always seems to go wrong when my DH is gone. Glad the company is coming back out to put the tarp down! Hopefully they can find the leak and patch it up quick!
  • Options
    I'm sorry. We had problems with a leaky roof a couple years ago and ended up having to get a new one. It was a financial pain in the ass (as in, I would have just rather spent that kind of money on something else.)
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options
    The guy came and was super nice. It's not supposed to rain until morning and it's not dripping anymore. He said he'd have to use nails to hold the tarp down and that could cause more damage. He said he can be back at 8am to check the attic/crawl space and repair the roof. I freaked out, of course, because DH said to get it tarped. So I made the guy call DH and talk to him. DH agreed the guy was right so no tarp. I freaking hate this :(
  • Options
    I'm sorry. We had this problem a few years ago, our attic wasn't that bad. Hope they get it straightened out for you this a.m.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"