May 2014 Moms

A Very Special Thursday Night Confession

A few months ago, our BMB experienced a late loss. Because I have a position of prominence around here, I volunteered to spearhead an effort to raise funds in order to get this grieving mom a thoughtful keepsake gift and make a donation to a relevant charity in the precious little one's name. Except, psyche! I'm a terrible human being! Here's what I did instead: First of all I never sent the keepsake gift to the mom. I mean, maybe I ordered it and kept it for myself, maybe I just faked that I ordered it, whatevs. Also, the money that was to be used for the donation was over $500. But these other thoughtful compassionate mothers had just GIVEN it to me, trusting I would do what I said. Hello, I need things for my baby, especially since some people had the balls to purchase gifts for me not on my registry! Cunts. So instead, I waited until I had been called out repeatedly for dragging my feet, and then made a donation of $25. Yup, less than 5% of the money collected! Then, to add to the whole fuckedupness of the situation, I did a shitty Photoshop job on my bank statement and receipt from the charity, thinking that was going to fly. After that, I pretty much fell off the planet. I don't feel the need to explain my actions to anyone, I have no intention of following through on what I promised to do, and I'm basically giving the finger to this mom, her lost child, and the decent human beings who reached out to comfort her during a devastating time. Because money! And gliders! So what do you think guys? Should I permanently fuck off forever from this website, especially since I've demonstrated a complete lack of shame and accountability? Probably, right? But first, I want you to say exactly how you feel about me. I know I'm a disgusting person and all, but I need to know that this sentiment is universal.

Re: A Very Special Thursday Night Confession

• Loading the player...
  • Is this for real? Am I reading this right or is it some sort of sick joke?

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• awc1986 said:
    Is this for real? Am I reading this right or is it some sort of sick joke?
    Sadly, this is not a joke.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • awc1986 said:
    Sadly, I wish this was a joke.

This is all real.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• awc1986 said:

100% real, unfortunately
  • awc1986 said:

Sadly it's for real.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • awc1986 said:

We wish...
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • awc1986 said:
    This is my reaction as well....It's hard to believe that someone would seriously do this to a mother who lost her precious little one...
  • MusicATWorkMusicATWork member
    edited April 2014
    awc1986 said:
    This is my reaction as well....It's hard to believe that someone would seriously do this to a mother who lost her precious little one...

Yes it is hard to believe, but this piece of garbage did exactly what was mentioned.
    image May '14 Siggy challenge
  • awc1986 said:

Unfortunately, it's very real. And despicable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"