May 2014 Moms

~*PGAL Check-In*~

Sorry this is a day late! I'm having the worst case of pregnancy brain lately and I got side-tracked yesterday. I wanted to catch up with all of you personally from last week, so here we go...

First, a huge congrats to @gertiebarden on your rainbow! Continued T&Ps that recovery continues to go well and you get to take little Samuel home soon! 

If there have been any other rainbows born that I missed, then congrats to you too and feel free to stop by and update us! (you know, with all the free time you must have now! ;)

@ArmyMedic7588 How was your appointment? Did you get results from your thyroid tests? Feeling any better?

@becky7683 Glad you had a great shower! When will you start weekly NSTs? Hope all goes well, keep us updates!

@MrsKTen How was your growth scan on Friday? (if you updated elsewhere I'm sorry I missed it) I understand feeling uncomfortable at this stage! I feel like crap 99% of time these days. Kudos for you for keeping up with the gym until now!

@ksyknelvr73 I hope your exam went well! What was it for? Do you have results already? 

@ajsweeton Glad you got to bust out of L&D last week! How are you feeling?

@cindythelou Congrats on your success with the GD and keeping your sugars in check! That has to be tough, so kudos! 

@Soupy84 Woo hoo for being on mat leave! I'll be working right up until the end, so I'm jealous! I'm glad that the NST went well. Have you had the follow up BPP yet? FX that the abnormal heartbeat has resolved. 

@chknma How are you feeling? Sorry that low fluid has you out of commission, but I'm glad they're keeping an eye on you. I know using up your leave time before baby comes must be stressing you out, but just remember it's best for both of you. 

@ashtog Sounds like you are in the final stretch and ready to meet LO! I hope baby flips to backside up and stays that way till he comes out!

@QOTR Sorry you had a little freak out last week about movement. I totally understand. I notice less movement while I myself am active as well. As soon as I want to lay down and sleep, it's Dance Party USA in there! Hope you're feeling more calm about it now. (((Hugs)))

@Mikki62 How is the move into the house going? Glad that tax season is over, eh? Are you an accountant or work in finance? Must be a crazy time of year...

@KatyPatrick Hope you're feeling a little better physically this week, although at this stage I'm guessing it'll get worse before it gets better, right? How is your DH doing now that he's home? I hope you guys are in a good place and ready to welcome baby! 

@BeesKnees181 Good for you staying physically active and having your "nesting" time! At almost 38 weeks I'm starting to think I'm one of those women who will never get that burst of energy. LOL. 

@hcorcoran How was your ultrasound? Is baby in position? Sorry to hear you and DH hit a little rough patch, but it sounds like you worked things out. Hope you're both on the same page. 

((((Hugs)))) to everyone else! And now for the updates! Please share below!

How many weeks?

How are you feeling?

Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week?

Apples and onions?

GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives? 
BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3

Re: ~*PGAL Check-In*~

• @LunaBug924 - Appointment went... well interesting. Had drill this past weekend and ended up in the hospital Saturday night with the same symptoms I've been having. But this time they wouldn't go away. One of my friends took my BP and it was high, so she took me to the local hospital. Blood and urine tests came back normal, they don't know why I'm having the racing heart, seeing stars, dizziness and all that. L&D monitored me overnight, was having contractions every 10 mins. They finally stopped and they let me go home. Sunday night started spotting a lot and contractions again. Thankfully I had the appt already scheduled, so I didn't call, wasn't too worried at that point. OB says they don't know what the symptoms are from. But they want me to monitor my BP now as they might be diagnosing me with PIH. She had me go do an ultrasound Tuesday. Baby looks good. But she's dropped low and I'm dilated to ~2.5cm. Yeah I know that doesn't mean much, but everyone seems to think now I'm gonna go early. And if they do diagnose PIH the Dr wants to induce me at 37 weeks anyways. Soooo... yeah long weekend/week. Thanks for asking how it went! Haha

How many weeks? 34w2d

How are you feeling? Tired. Sick of these damn weird symptoms.

Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week? See above... just did some early this week.

Apples and onions? Apples... DH being at all the appointments and the hospital this week and hearing possibly being induced early kinda put the fear of god in him I think. First thing he did when he was free from work was finish the nursery closet and then without asking helped organize a ton of stuff I had to do in the nursery. Onions... see above. Also, DH had to get his tonsils and adenoids out this morning. He's doing good now, but Dr said he'll feel like complete shit the next few days after this. Poor guy. He handles pain so well and he's just too cute when he's drugged up and sick. I just wanna take care of him! He's almost pitiful, can only have liquids today and no real food until next week! Missing easter dinner!

GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives? Gonna try to be! But who knows what they heck is gonna happen when she shows up!

Alright... off to take care of the "sick" one! Knock him out with more pain meds and send him to bed! haha Hope all you ladies are doing well! Almost there!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • @LunaBug924‌ - I feel your pain...I feel like the days all blend together now that we're getting towards the end! The BPP went well! She passed with flying colors. We have a growth scan this coming Friday...OB is guesstimating that she will be around 7.5lbs at birth. Based on the fact that I was 9.5, I'm hoping she's right!

How many weeks? 37 weeks

How are you feeling? Tired. All the time. That coupled with the fact that I'm not getting much sleep makes it nearly impossible to get through the day without a nap.

Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week? Had my 37 week appointment on Tuesday; growth scan is this Friday. According to my OB, I'm at early term now so if I go into labor, they won't do anything to stop it. So happy to be at this point!

Apples and onions? Is it sad that my apple is that I didn't gain any weight this week? I've been feeling really crappy about missing the gym so much, so that made me feel a little bit better. Onion: I found another stretch mark below my belly button. I didn't think it would bother me this much, but it does. Looks like I have a few more weeks to get used to them.

GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives? Probably not as active as I once was - I'll still keep up with the goings on and the FB group though.

• Loading the player...
  • @LunaBug924‌ I've been feeling ok. Just had to spend another night in L&D due to BP. I think we've figured out that it's actually my BP cuff that's causing the trouble more than my actual BP. Thanks for asking!

How many weeks? 36w5d

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Hurting all over and I'm very uncomfortable, I'm ready to have these babies already.

Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week? Babies are coming on Monday!! My csection is scheduled and I'm so ready. I wish we could cook them another week, but the MFM is concerned about placenta deterioration so we're taking them out on Monday. So very excited to meet my babies!

Apples and onions?
    Apples: babies will be here in 3 days! I'm still on the outside and I have approval to go to church and a family gathering on Sunday so I'm super excited about that.
    Onions: had to spend the night in L&D getting around is very difficult and I'm in almost constant pain from somewhere.

GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives? We'll see. I hope so, but it may be crazy with twins and a csection. I'm a little nervous about how our day to day is going to work.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• @LunaBug924‌ Thanks she has beven nicer to me over the last week or so. Night before last she dug into my right side not as bad as the left but still bad enough to leave me writhing in pain and crying for 2.5 hrs

How many weeks?
    37w 3d

How are you feeling?
    Like my ribs will be split open :) baby is locked into my pelvic bone and splitting that open so now her bum and feet are firmly in my ribs. Had DH rub my extremely sore upper back last night thinking my bra was causing muscle pain as usual but it wouldn't get any better then I finally realized it wasn't the muscle it was the back of my rib cage hurting so bad from her spreading my ribs! Starting to freak about how little time is left :-/ I had my let's clean this whole house burst of energy back in Jan but DH wouldn't help but I did half of it while he was in Mississippi just need to finish but I hurt so bad these days I can barely take care of my everyday chores. I forced myself to do some baby laundry and open/put together the travel system this week. Got baby's stuff ready for the hospital but still haven't packed for me or DH.

Had my 37w appt yesterday just measurement and hr check

Apples and onions?
    Apples- pretty much got everything needed for baby to be here ready to go.
    Onions- need to clean the house more. Need to pack hospital bag. Need to do a lot of projects around here before baby comes but very little time in which to do them. MIL agreed(very unwillingly) to postpone the shower til after birth but GMA-I-L refuses and is still having it even though we said we werent going. They plan on having this party opening all our gifts then rewrapping them and us coming to get them from them later. We both pretty much just feel hurt and like she is throwing this party all for herself not us and the baby. We didnt get an engagement party, a bridal shower, or even a bachelor/bachelorette party and only my mother, brother, and his wife came to our last shower so this would be the only party we would get and dont want to miss out on it. The people going are his family I haven't met and I find it rude to take their gifts without ever even meeting them. I told DH last night if I am not too progressed and physically feel well enough we can go cause I really dont want to miss this experience.

I will try :) depends on the little lady I guess.

DH crap:
    This got long so short version so you can skip essay below ;) : DH off drugs. Now freaking out about providing for baby so ALWAYS working never here to help.
    He is off drugs finally. Yay. He cut off the coworker who was riding with him and giving him drugs and now that kid just quit yesterday so shouldn't be bothered with him anymore. I've seen the texts in his phone of others seeing if DH has any drugs and him telling them he has quit. DH is having a lot of trouble at work cause he mostly works with black guys and gets along with them and his supervisors are racist so they discriminate against them and DH cause he isn't racist like them. They blame things on him that aren't his fault and basically just hold him back and try to find anything they can to fire him. So he comes home from long hard days in shitty moods and I listen to him Bitch but if I try to get him to help around her with farm or baby stuff he gets all pissed at me cause he works his ass off to provide for us and I shouldn't expect anything from him when he gets home. Let's see I'm 9mths pregnant taking care of a farm and everything for our very soon to be here baby while having severe pelvic, rib, back, feet pain and severe BH if I am remotely active. I'm sorry if I'd like some help. Since he got back (after the weekend he got back) he has been off one day. Couldn't even do anything round here really cause we had to drive an hr away to go to his nephews bday party. I guess he finally got his reality check in Mississippi cause he quit drugs and is now working as much as he can pretty much everyday and even pulled a 16 (usual is 10) on Tues. So now we pretty much just fight about him not being here to help get shit done before baby and he feels like I am attacking him for doing the right thing. He thinks a big check will make up for the fact that he is not here. Today is a paid holiday but they offered him the 8hrs holiday pay plus pay for a reg 10hrs if he came in and most likely will work tomorrow too and who knows maybe even easter. All while I struggle to get things done around here and hope these rabbits currently in the kitchen get moved outside by the time baby come. I brought them up last night and he tells me why would it matter baby will sleep in our room? Uh hello newborn won't only be in our room 24/7 and does not need to be around rabbit piss shit and fur! Well that became a WAY bigger rant than I meant sorry :)
  • I am a tax accountant/ bookkeeper. The move is going ok, just stressful. I'll be glad when everything is finally settled.

How many weeks? 34 weeks

How are you feeling? Tired, started contracting on Tuesday, Tax Day!, and am on bed rest for the next two weeks.

Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week? I had an appointment today and was in the hospital all day Tuesday. They did an ultrasound yesterday to check his size in case he comes early.

Apples and onions? Apples: tax season is over! Onions: Bed rest is boring and uncomfortable. But it's worth it to keep him in longer.

GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives? Some, life gets busier but it's fun to see how everyone is doing from time to time. That's how it was after DD.

BabyFruit Ticker

• QOTRQOTR member
    No need to apologize @lunabug924!   While I enjoy this check-in and reading how everyone is doing, if it becomes too much to keep up with in these final weeks, I think we all will understand if you need to let it slide.   Thanks for running it all these months and providing us a place to offer support to each other.

I still worry some days about movements, but I try to remind myself that it's normal for him to be more active on some days.   Today seems to be a lazy day for him. 

How many weeks?  35

How are you feeling?   Feeling well.  Kinda tired, but it is dreary outside.

Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week?   Had an appointment on Wednesday.  Dr. is still pleased with how everything is going.  Baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead still, not that that really means anything.  

Apples and onions?  A - I think we've found a nanny.  We should finalize things this weekend.    O - I'm feeling a bit melancholy.  Again, I'll blame the dreary weather.

GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives?    I'm not super active on the board now... I don't participate in the recurring daily threads, etc. (I've never been a cool kid. ;) )   But I like the exchange of information and I think that will continue to be helpful, so I will check in I'm sure.  

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • How many weeks? 34 weeks

How are you feeling?  Today, just emotionally and physically tired.

Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week?  Not this week, but next week starts the first of the weeklies.

Apples and onions?  :) :We ordered the rest of our baby shopping list on Monday- a huge amount of cloth diaper stuff and it's already due to arrive today! I love Cotton Babies.  :( DH is basically working 3 jobs this week and it sucks. I've barely seen him. Thankfully, he'll be down to 2 jobs again next week, and back to just his main job in 2 weeks. I can't wait for him to have less work stress and things to get back to normal around here.

GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives? I'm really not sure. Recent developments on this board are making me very uncomfortable and sad. I'm glad for the semi-resolution, but still deeply upset and drained from it all.
    BabyName Tickerimage  BabyFruit Ticker  
    DD born 2/3/03
    BFP 3/21/13 w/ EDD 12/02/13, C/P 3/29/13.
    BFP 9/18/13 w/ EDD 5/26/14,
    Beta #1 @ 14-16dpo = 375, progesterone 33.6
    Beta #2 @ 20-22 dpo = 8,782!
    Beta #3 @ 27-29dpo = 44,230, dx subchorionic hemorrhage/ threatened mc
    Beta #4 @ 29-31dpo = 72, 080 :)
    Grow, little one, grow!

***** All  AL  Welcome *****

• Thanks @LunaBug924‌!
    No worries. I barely know what day of the weeks it is most days now ;-)

How many weeks? 37ish

How are you feeling? Okay overall- off and on pelvic bone pain.... some painful contractions at night tend to freak me out a little( but they are doing something because I've actually started to efface and dilate! Never did until my induction with DD)

Spent 24 hours I l&d last weekend for IV fluid. Back to l&d again today until tomorrow for another round. Might be having baby this weekend, but most likely next week when we're a few days further

Apples and onions? A- my office threw me a mini shower. Cute little baby gifts and they even got a sugar free cake since I'm GD. It was so sweet. O-another night trying to sleep while getting pumped full of fluids and having to pee even more then usual ahead

I may pop in occasionally, but found that I didn't keep up with it after dd was born

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

• cindytheloucindythelou member
    edited April 2014
    35 weeks. Feeling ok but having pain in my right groin and back is making life frustrating. Start weekly appointments next week! Apples - finished birthing classes. Onions - pain. I probably won't keep posting. There is so much drama and I can never keep up with the abbreviations. I will probably still read new posts when I have time.

Welcomed our rainbow baby 5/20/2014! It's a girl!

• @LunaBug924- thanks!  This week has been much better!

How many weeks? 35 weeks, 5 days

How are you feeling?  I am tired this week.  Coming back from spring break is kicking my ass.  Baby has been active, except for 1 lazy day this weekend.

Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week? I went in on Monday and I now go every week!  AH!  I had the GBS and should get those results Monday and he did a check and baby is head down! Woo!

Apples and onions?
    Apples- I was nominated for Teacher of the Year.  I will find out next week if I am chosen.  I was really honored just to be on the ballot.

Onions- This who situation on TB  this week is bumming me out.  People can be really crappy sometimes.  It makes me feel a little better that so many May mommas wanted to help a late loss mom.

GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives? I am not sure about that.

• @Lunabug924 NSTs will start in a week and a half.  One more growth scan on the 29th!   Shower was awesome - have another one for work this week.  :) 
    How many weeks?  34 weeks

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good - getting tired, and hating the heartburn!  Still some anxious moments but pushing through! 

Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week? Just a quick check to be sure I wasn't leaking fluid - Dr. said I needed to come in.   All is fine! 

Apples and onions? Apple - being on school vacation!  Onion - being home makes me want to snuggle a sweet baby while on maternity leave.  Soon enough! :) 

GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives? I hope so!  
  • @Lunabug924 - I had my last BPP U/S on Tuesday and LO has been given a clean bill of health! No more skips in the heartbeat and no more need to do these weekly NSTs. How are you doing?

How many weeks? 36 weeks (37 weeks tomorrow!)

How are you feeling? More tired than ever before. Pregsomnia has hit full force and I cant seem to get comfortable in ANY position. Other than the tiredness and 3rd-tri beached whale movements that I have going on - I am feeling pretty positive and very excited that LO is going to be joining us in just a few short weeks.

Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week? I had a BPP U/S that I mentioned above. Had my first weekly OB visit... my cervix checks start next week and I am NOT looking forward to it. The realization that my one year loss mark is coming up kind of put me in a bad state of mind yesterday while I was working on the nursery.

Apples and onions?
    Apples:
    My Mom & Sister were here last weekend for my baby shower. Mom was here until Tuesday, so she was able to come with me to my u/s. She is so freaking adorable! This is her first grandchild and she was so surprised and honored that I wanted to include her at the u/s. Moments like this make me really wish that I had done more to be a better daughter when I was a teen.
    Onions: We found out this week that MIL has breast cancer and needs to have a partial mastectomy in the next 3 weeks. This has hit DH and his family hard as MIL is the exact age (I thought she was off by a year at first) that her own mother passed away from breast cancer. I am worried that LO will come and I wont be able to be as involved in the support she will need after her surgery. Hoping baby stays put until she has her surgery so I can visit with her and try to help out around the house.

GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives? I am hoping to. I dont think I want to join TB's Parenting Board (at least until the bad taste from their visit clears my mouth) but I definitely want to remain in touch with you amazing women. It has been the kind words and strength shared on this board that have gotten me through some of my darkest hours and I look forward to sharing the next chapter of parenthood with you.

3/29/12 - Married my soulmate
    BFP #1 - 3/23/13 // EDD - 11/27/13 // M/MC - 5/3/13 // D&C - 5/4/13
    BFP #2 - 8/26/13 // EDD - 5/10/14 // Born 5/18/14

image    image    image

• QOTRQOTR member
    Best wishes to your MIL @soupy84!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • XathXath member
    @Soupy84‌ You're making your MIL a grandbaby. Grandbabies are universally known to have morale boosting and healing properties. Don't worry about not doing your part; best wishes to your MIL.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Well I am SUPER late to this, but here goes anyway :)
    How many weeks? 34 weeks, 3 days
    How are you feeling? Pretty good overall.
    Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week? I have a regular OB appt on Thursday, should just be routine.
    Apples and onions? Apples: Had yesterday off work so that was nice, got my hair done, had a girls night, all pretty fun stuff. This weekend is Easter so today we get to relax and tomorrow we'll have church and family stuff. Onions: Weather really sucks right now, it's cold and rainy. I hope this clears up before tomorrow.
    GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives? I'm really not sure. From my experience with having DS, it was hard to get on as much when he was a newborn. But I will probably try.

ksyknelvr73 I hope your exam went well! What was it for? Do you have results already? 

It is for the CPA exam (accounting), and we have to take 4 exams total. This was my last one and hopefully I passed it. I don't get the results until May 2nd, it's brutal having to wait!!

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• @LunaBug924 - No apologies necessary.  Hope you are feeling well, and taking care to get some rest in the last stretch.

How many weeks?  34 weeks

How are you feeling?  Sore, tired, "nesty" and a little hormonal.

Any appointments, ultrasounds, or milestones this week?  Weekly stress tests and doctor appointments now...Can see 37 weeks in the distance and just hope we can get these twin girls to tht point, so we have a lower chance of dealing with breathing issues.  They did give me the steroid shots for lung development, so hopefully the girls are beefing up in there and figuring out the breathing, sucking and swallowing part of being outside babies.

Apples and onions?  Apples - loving Spring.  No onions...

GTKY: Will you continue to be active on the board after LO arrives? I have no idea...I am guessing I will want to sleep in my free time.  But, I do hope to come back on here and check in with folks every so often.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"