September 2014 Moms
Options

best take out salads

Totally want a really good salad. Way too lazy to make one. What are your faves? You can include fast food too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

baby #3 arrived in September 2014...cannot get ticker to work no matter what I try!

Re: best take out salads

• Options
    Panera bread hits the spot for me sometimes

• Options
    I love Saladworks Sophie salad, and I just had Chick fil a's Asian Salad and that was really good too!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS1: 8/26/09    |    DS2: 11/1/11

May Siggy, Favorite Onscreen Mom - Sophia, Golden Girls                                                                          
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Panera bread chicken Caesar salad... Now that's what I want for dinner lol... But I'll stick to my regular dinner plans tonight
  • Options
    I love Paradise Bakery's southwest chicken caeser!
  • Options
    California pizza Kitchen BBQ chopped chicken salad is my absolute favorite. Must add the avocado!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Wendy's Chicken Apple Pecan (?)

• Options
    Ledos Pizza has the best buffalo chicken salad! Just had one last Friday...yum!
    @shimmer475, are you from the DC area? not sure many ladies are going to know what Ledo's even is :) i'm still sad the original location closed just a few years ago to locate to downtown college park...

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Agreed w/Panera.  I love the Thai chicken salad!  For a cheaper option...Wendy's apple pecan chicken salad.  I also like to get the baja salad through the drive thru -- then you get the salad AND an entire cup of chili for a lower price!  (haha, I am so cheap) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto to Panera! All their salads are amazing. Applebee's Oriental salad is great, and lately I've been craving Mellow Mushroom's Greek Salad.. soo good!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Love Panera! I was so excited when they finally opened up stores in NYC. The chicken caesar is a year-round fave of mine, but their strawberry poppy seed salad in the summer is simply the best -- grilled chicken, strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple, pecans and a poppyseed dressing that is allegedly fat free or low fat. McDonald's salads aren't bad, believe it or not. The southwest salad with grilled chicken is pretty tasty.

My favorite takeout salad from a non-fast-food place is called the Julius Southwestern Caesar salad from a diner chain in the city called Big Daddy's. Blackened chicken, romaine, corn, black beans, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and a spicy ranch dressing. It's not exactly the most healthful salad in the world, but very filling.
  • Options
    Now I'm itching for a trip to Wendy for their apple pecan chicken salad. I've never had it but the name alone sounds delicious!

• Options
    I love Willy's salads!!!
  • Options
    Texas Road House...grilled chicken salad...so big and good!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This won't help anyone not in the southern CA area, but Wood Ranch's BBQ Chicken salad is top notch!! But I also agree with Panera...specifically their Southwestern chicken salad is delish!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I love Zoe's & Olive Garden salads

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

• Options
    wpatxwpatx member
    I know you said take out, and this salad originally started for me as a take out, but it was $8 a pop and I couldn't justify. It is soooo good though and you can pre make it and have it ready in Tupperware with dressing left out. I literally have had one every day for lunch for 2 weeks. I buy all the ingredients at trader joes.

It's just:
    -Baby spinach
    -1 or 2 Cold baby beets cut up in slices (super good for you during pregnancy)
    -candied walnuts
    -crumbled goat cheese
    -raspberry vinegarette
    -3 or 4 small slices of chicken

So good and covers a lot of areas, and the beets turn the salad and chicken a pretty shade of pink!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ham0216 said:
    Ditto to Panera! All their salads are amazing. Applebee's Oriental salad is great, and lately I've been craving Mellow Mushroom's Greek Salad.. soo good!
    Mellow's Greek Salad is amazing! Add some jerk chicken, tempeh or avocado and delish! oh and their Capri salad with the jerk tempeh hits the spot too! (not a vegetarian but this is one of the few places where the tempeh is prob better than the chix!)
  • Options
    jmolrjmolr member
    If you live near a Newk's I practically lived off their Newk's favorite salad when I was pregnant with baby #1.  I swapped out the chicken for shrimp and ate it about 4 times a week.  Now I'm craving it and I live no where near a Newk's anymore. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    dal2ausdal2aus member
    edited April 2014
    jmolr said:
    If you live near a Newk's I practically lived off their Newk's favorite salad when I was pregnant with baby #1.  I swapped out the chicken for shrimp and ate it about 4 times a week.  Now I'm craving it and I live no where near a Newk's anymore. 

Oh, how I miss Newk's!  I remember them from when we lived in Jackson, MS.  I didn't know if they were anywhere else. 

I love Le Madeline's strawberry and spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette.  It was what got me started on putting strawberries on salads.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I like this bagged super salad that I find at the store.... 

has salad dressing, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, sweet kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts and a few other things... the broccoli and brussel sprouts are both sliced super super thin

I ALMOST thought I found this at the store last night but it wasn't the sweet kale salad just a different one made my the same company. I was a bit sad because the sheer joy I had briefly when finding it was immediately crushed after closer investigation. I'm still on the hunt for this gem.

• Options
    I normally make a salad every day, infact the day I posted this I ended up making my own. Today we went out for lunch and my salad was a nightmare disaster. It should be simple enough...A grilled chicken Caesar. The menu billed it as crisp romaine lettuce, freshly grilled local chicken etc. My only request was dressing on the side. It came with cold chicken and wilted iceberg. I had to ask them to replace the lettuce, since I'm basically allergic to it while pregnant. I didn't even get far enough to check the chicken, I had to stand there while they mangled it putting it on new lettuce and talking crap about me in Spanish. Yep I might be white, but peeps this is CA you don't know how many of us gringos certainly know enough to get by. When I got it back the chicken was frigerator freshly grilled. I don't like cold chicken anyway but after that I wasn't touching it with a 10 foot pole, especially pregnant. My husband met us late so he ate it for lunch. I have to go make a sandwich now. I am not usually picky at all, and I was super polite, explaining that the menu mentioned it was made with romaine, and that I cannot eat iceberg lettuce due to an allergy. I almost never complain, but just actually can't suck it up and eat it. It was so uncomfortable.

baby #3 arrived in September 2014...cannot get ticker to work no matter what I try!

• Options
    McAllister's Savannah Salad... Best salad I've ever eaten! Now I want one!

Jess & Jason | DSS 8 | DSD 6
    VR 4/20/2013 | BFP 1/5/2014 | Baby Girl EDD 9/9/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This thread keeps bumping and makes me want a salad! I don't know what Panera is but it sound like they have good salads and I'm pretty jealous.
  • Options
    I know since this place is taco city, I never expected my little ole' salad thread to keep running strong

• Options
    teenybean said:
    I know since this place is taco city, I never expected my little ole' salad thread to keep running strong
    This comment made me laugh, but lets be honest: a good salad (especially one made by someone else) is pretty hard to beat! 

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • Options
    This thread keeps bumping and makes me want a salad! I don't know what Panera is but it sound like they have good salads and I'm pretty jealous.
    You can check if there's one in your town/city =) They have good sandwiches, bread etc too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"