Stay at Home Moms

What would you pay for this?

We'll be out of town three nights next month for my sister's wedding. A friend of a friend (I would consider her an acquaintance) is going to stop by twice a day to bring in the mail, walk and feed the dog. I asked what she wanted to be paid and she said to give whatever I think is fair. I'm thinking $25/day?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What would you pay for this?

• Never had a pet....  but I do that for our neighbor when they go to Jamaica in the winter.  We have even snow blowed their driveway for them and was happy to get a $20 pizza GC in return.  I think it is all what you are comfortable with & can afford.
  • I do that for a neighbor, I don't ask for money but she pays me about 20 for the two days. I am also just waking two houses down. not driving there
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • feffy11 said:
    Yeah, since it's twice a day that she has to come. I'd ask for one more, though. 8 hours is my comfortable limit for doggie bladder.

You mean ask her to come 3X a day?

• I was thinking 7 am (which is when she typically gets her first potty break) and 4PM. Hadn't bought about thr fact that 4PM-7AM is a long time to wait

• my dogs easily  hold their bladders for 12-14 hours at night. They are also big dogs
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • letranger said:
    Can you just board the dog? Honestly it's easier.

Yeah I'm thinking I need to find a kennel. She usually stays with my parents when we go OOT but since it's my sisters wedding they'll be with us. @LoriLee14‌ she's a 14 year old corgi so she can't hold it as long as she used to.

• I pay our neighbor who is 13 $10/day to let our dog out a few times and feed her.  If it was an adult, I think I would pay $15 or $20.  My dog is seriously lazy though and just lays on the couch the entire time we are gone.
  • I would probably pay $25 for a close neighbor who could just trot over anytime.  But honestly that seems like a production to come over twice a day.  I was thinking more like $40 a day, but I live in an expensive city... 
  • My dog would eat all the things if we left him alone for three days. I mean it. I vote board her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"