January 2013 Moms

child proofing door

Ok, so the crazy toddler post below got me thinking. We still need to child proof the door that leads down to our basement. It's just a privacy door so there is no lock on the handle. I'm researching what to do to make it so DS cannot open and fall down the wooden stairs to the concrete basement floor below.

So, do those plastic child proof door knob thingys really work?

Should I just get one of these? (does this look cheap?)
Sugatsune Satin Entry Door Night Latch

I like this, but I don't think it will work with the trim we have around our doors...
Sugatsune Polished Entry Door Night Latch

Maybe this...
Sugatsune Black Entry Door Night Latch
We might just get a key lock dead bolt and keep the key in one side so we can lock/unlock it from both sides.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: child proofing door

• I have seen those before @katrine_05. I'll have to look at those too. It seems like right now DS is no where close to being able to open a door. But I think we all know by now that they learn things pretty quick!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I am glad you posted this. I have been thinking about this since this past weekend. We were at my IL's and they have the level door handles instead of knobs. DS walked over to the door that leads to the garage, opened it and walked out! If I hadn't been standing there we wouldn't have know where he had gone. I am not sure why, but that lever is an inch lower than the ones elsewhere in their house. We had to follow him every where in their house for the entire weekend.

I am very interested to hear what other ladies are doing.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Loading the player...
  • We have the long handle door knobs not the round ones (if that makes sense) anyone have any ideas for those? I'm thinking we are going to have to switch them to the round ones because she can already open them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MichieU79 said:

@holly52 They have child-profing devices for the lever handles.  We have those kind of handles too throughout our entire house.  I have no idea how well they work though.  

Thanks I'll have to look for them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"