Baby Names

Which girls name? Poll

ChristiB17ChristiB17 member
edited April 2014 in Baby Names
My grandmother's name is Laverne and we are trying to honor her without using the name... She was always called LuLu and didn't really like it herself! So translations for Laverne are literally "alder", there is also a Roman Goddess Laverna, and Vernus means "spring". So when I was looking up names, those were three things that I searched meanings for. Here is what we've come up with, pick your favorite or suggestions please!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFruit Ticker

Which girls name? Poll 127 votes

Delaney - "from the alder grove"
40% 52 votes
Aurora - also a Roman Goddess (a bit of a stretch)
27% 35 votes
Maia - Roman Goddess of spring
32% 41 votes

Re: Which girls name? Poll

• Ooh I like Aurora!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maia-- I love the connection to your Gma's name.

I actually like Aurora the best of the name choices, but I think it's a bit of a stretch if you want to honor your gma.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • I love Aurora.
  • Maia-- I love the connection to your Gma's name.

I actually like Aurora the best of the name choices, but I think it's a bit of a stretch if you want to honor your gma.

This is exactly what I was thinking
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • No matter how hard I force myself, I can't get onboard with Aurora. I live in Aurora, CO and not too far from the Theater where the shooting took place that killed 12 people and injured 70.

So with that said, I picked Delaney.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I think you're not really honoring someone unless you're using their actual name, so I just voted for the one I like the best (Aurora).

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• I prefer the meaning of Delaney in relation to your grandmother.  However, Aurora is my favorite of the 3 names.
    I agree, I actually like Delaney and Maia better in terms of relation, however Aurora is my favorite! Thanks everyone :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Delaney by far.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• I'm not sure which would be best for your search, but I think that Aurora is the best name. Delaney always sounds like a last name to me.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Delaney! DD is Delaney Louise and we call her Laney Lou and Lulu a lot :)
    <3 Delaney. 4.5.12. <3 <br> Photobucket
  • What about using Lou for a MN? Just an idea.
  • I like all three! I voted for Delaney, because I love the nn Laney. (Not that you'd necessarily use that, but that is what made me choose it!)
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"