Baby Names
Options

Emsley

I found this name while looking through a baby name book last night.  At first I was like yuk! but after I thought about it for a few minutes, I don't think its terrible and maybe even a possibility.  What do you think?
                                                                                          BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                             BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                             BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                   BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      

Re: Emsley

• Options
    nittanyllamanittanyllama member
    edited April 2014
    I think it sounds made up, therefore I do not like it. Sorry.

ETA I do like Ainsley, which sounds similar.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Very very bad.  What a silly "name".

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it sounds made up, therefore I do not like it. Sorry.

ETA I do like Ainsley, which sounds similar.
    It appears to be a legit name (I think).  Would that change your opinion?  Also, I found it in the girls section but apparently its a boys name.  That changes how I feel about it.  Definitely don't really like it for a boy.

BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    nittanyllamanittanyllama member
    edited April 2014
    Where did you see that it's a legit name? Just because it was in a book? A quick google search isn't showing me any reputable sites that say it's a real name. Regardless, I still don't like it because my initial reaction was "sounds made up" and I bet other people will feel the same. It shouldn't be difficult to "prove" to someone that a name is real.

ETA my google search is full of posts on message boards with people asking about the name, and getting responses that it sounds weird and made up.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ==N====N== member
    If I heard Emsley I would assume boy. Probably because of it's similarity to Emery/Emory/Emrys. I would also assume it was made up.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ==N== said:
    If I heard Emsley I would assume boy. Probably because of it's similarity to Emery/Emory/Emrys. I would also assume it was made up.
    This. Also, not a fan.

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

• Options
    Where did you see that it's a legit name? Just because it was in a book? A quick google search isn't showing me any reputable sites that say it's a real name. Regardless, I still don't like it because my initial reaction was "sounds made up" and I bet other people will feel the same. It shouldn't be difficult to "prove" to someone that a name is real.

ETA my google search is full of posts on message boards with people asking about the name, and getting responses that it sounds weird and made up.
    Sorry, I forgot to past the link:

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    First off, it looks and sounds made up. Secondly, it's really close to looking like and sounding like "Smelly". I'm not big on the whole "this name can get you teased" crap, but man, this makes it easy.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the opinions.  It was just a different name that I'd never heard.  

image  image                                                                      
  • Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    I think it sounds made up, and also just awful to say and hear.
  • Options

Is it for a boy or a girl?

I prefer Everly or Ellery.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    Awful in my opinion
  • Options

NMS, sorry. It sounds very made up, even though it was in a book. I like Ainsley...but when I hear that (even though I DO like it), my mind goes on a crazy journey with word association/sound alikes and all I think of is "Anus"....and you don't want your kids to be butt related.

• Options
    I think you should go with your first thought on the name ~ yuk! Sorry.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options
    I don't like it at all.  What about Emerson or Emery?

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    It reminds me of what Hilary Scott from Lady Antebellum named her daughter. Eisele, pronounced Eyes-lee.

Married:  08.17.2013
    Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
    Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
    Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

• Options
    It reminds me of Helmsley, as in Leona Helmsley. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Stick with your first reaction. Yuk.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options
    I pretty much feel the same way as PP. It sounds made up and I don't like it.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"