August 2013 Moms
Options

First big boo boo

DH left his shaving razor hanging out of his backpack and of course LO instantly reached for it when he got home. Not 2 mins after he walked In the door. I have told him 100 times that he need to be more cautious of what he leaves hanging out. He just doesn't seem to think about it like I do. I know he feels awful so I didn't get angry with him, but damn! It's a baby and you can't leave crap like that out. Lesson learned hopefully but LO paid the price. Poor baby cried for a solid 10 mins until it stopped bleeding. He got is thumb so it should be interesting trying to keep the bandage out of his mouth. I put a sock over his hand to sleep which has worked so far. I was not prepared to see blood come out of my Little man. So has anything happened to your LOs yet? Any boo boos for the baby book?

Re: First big boo boo

• Options
    Poor baby!!!! Alex fell off the bed in dh care a few months ago.. (flung himself off more like it) unfortunately it will happen. I have a feeling A Is going to give me grey hair...he plays so rough. Yup...I'm screwed.

Hoping your lil guy gets better.
  • Options
    I'm sorry that happened! Hopefully your H will learn that your LO isn't invincible and he needs to make sure anything dangerous it out of LO's reach. I'm sorry he had to learn that way though :( 

No real big boo boo's yet. Just tumbles and falls from trying to stand and walk. He's already looking like he's going to be a dare devil so I'm just preparing myself for bumps and bruises. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Awww, poor little guy! :(

So far N's only booboo has been a bruise on his forehead.  He got too excited playing the bongos and smashed his head into them but hit the side/hard part instead.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    I picked LO up from daycare last Friday and I had to sign his first "incident report". They have this fisher price toy drum that he loves. Apparently it was on a low shelf and he tried to pull it off which resulted in it falling on his face. He had a pretty good size bruise and bump over his eye. I don't think it will ever get easier seeing your baby hurt/sick, but unfortunately this is just the first of many.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Awwww poor thing. Don't beat yourself up… Things happen. It won't be the first or last!
  • Options
    RevezRevez member
    If it was acceptable to wrap LO in bubble wrap with a breathing tube, I would. She's into everything. Luckily we haven't had any major boo boos, just the occasional tumble or bump.

I hope your LO feels better soon. Accidents happen. I feel like accidents are the only way husbands learn sometimes. I guess just be grateful it wasn't worse.

• Options
    DH was very accident prone when he was little so I know I'm in for a lot of booboos ! He can't even remember how many ones he has been in the ER. Boys will be boys is all I gear. LO is better today and doesn't even seem to be bothered by it aside from wanting to stick it in his mouth lol. Tough little guy. I just hope daddy learned and will be more aware from now on!!
  • Options
    I gave O her first "black eye" the other day. I was getting her out of the tub and in doing so, she slipped out of my grasp and slammed her face into the hair dryer (we blow dry her dry after bathtime) that was laying on the floor. =( She cried for about 5 minutes and then was fine the rest of the night. I felt so badly. I cried. LOL Bad mom award. Ha!

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

• Options
    LOs been flipping over like crazy every time we change him on the changing table. Yesterday he flipped to fast and hit his mouth on the edge. There was a little blood so i think he bit his lip or toy he but by the time he stopped crying enough for me to look you couldn't see anything. I have a feeling this is going to be one of many bumps and bruises with this little guy but that doesn't make it any easier.
  • Options
    My kid gave himself a black eye as soon as he could wrench his arms out of a swaddle. Hes into everything and yesterday he got his foot stuck under the couch and it bled when we got it out. My son will be a bruiser
  • Options
    We've had quite a few run-ins with the wild toddler that lives here. Lots of crashes, head bangs, and LO even got sat on once. Nothing major so far though. He's been a tough little dude.
             image         image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing big here (yet), but it's not for lack of trying.  Any time she's on an elevated surface, I keep at least one hand on her and usually use my whole body to block her from the edge.  She frequently tries to pitch herself off the couch head first when we're putting her PJs on after bath time, and she flips onto her tummy on the changing table to go for the diapers/wipes/anything within reach.  We might be changing diapers on the floor pretty soon.

• Options
    Nothing major for us yet.  He falls backward from a sitting position every few days and cries until we distract him with something.  I've nipped his fingertips a couple times with the nail clippers.  Last week he put his hand over the strap clip on his changing table just as I was clipping it closed and it pinched a bit of skin on his palm and bled.  :(  He's constantly trying to roll off the changing table or take a dive off our laps, but hasn't fallen yet.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mostly just a lot of head bumps here.  He managed to fall back from standing onto the tile floor which left a good knot on his head and closed his finger in the entertainment center door the other day...that hurt pretty badly.  But all in all he's doing OK.

• Options
    Nothing yet, but Lucas fell out of the bed when he was an infant. MH fell back to sleep while he was supposed to be watching him. He sobbed, I sobbed, Lucas cried for a second and then went back to playing. I didn't voice my anger at MH since I know how bad he felt, but damn I was pissed. He did learn from it. He puts Alexis in the middle of the bed with pillows around her (safe distance away).
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I was putting Ks hair up and had to grab another hairtie since the first one broke so I let her play with the comb in the 2 secs it took to reach over she ran the comb across her eye. It was swollen for a day but got better before we could take her in.

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No major boo boos, but we went to an Easter egg hunt today in 50 degree weather and poor baby got a sunburn on her face :-( didn't even think to use the sunscreen today. I'm bummed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    RK125RK125 member
    I've gotten dd's thumb twice with the nail clippers. I felt terrible both times. It doesn't help that fingers bleed like a bitch.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"