December 2013 Moms

First ER visit (not life threatening)

So LO had a fever tonight that reached 102.1. We tried to cool him down with a cool bath and when that didn't work, We headed to the hospital. So here we are, sitting in the ER, waiting for a doctor to come look at him. This sucks!
http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_b11&D=20131129&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Teddy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

Re: First ER visit (not life threatening)

• I'm sorry to hear that. You're doing the right thing, hang in there!

• No. When we first took his temp it was 101.6, we did the cool cloth/bath thing and then took his temp again. At that point it was above 102, and we brought him to the ER. I didn't want to give him anything knowing we were headed to the hospital. I didn't want to mess around with it that high and didn't want to risk drug interactions or limiting what they could do for him at the ER.
    http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_b11&D=20131129&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Teddy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • Fingers crossed you get seen by a dr soon. Hoping LO feels better soon.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You did the right thing. Hope everything is ok and they fix him up quickly for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @TShea721‌ - we couldn't get ahold of our pediatrician and both our mothers said to take him to ER if it reached 102. But yeah, they dosed him with Tylenol and are running some tests to make sure it's not the flu our RSV. Just waiting on tests results. Thanks everyone for your concern.
  • lp0lp0 member
    Oh no :( I hope your lo is feeling better. Last year DS had a fever of 104 for a few days and it freaked me out. I called the ped so many times but they said it's not uncommon for it to spike that high.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Prayers lo feels better soon! Hugs!
  • GTown08 said:
    Thanks everyone for your support. LO is doing well - still has a fever but docs think it's just viral and will resolve on its own in a day or two. And now I've learned that the ER can't do anything for him that i couldn't do at home, so next time I'll know to just give him Tylenol and keep an eye on it. Let's hear it for FTMs! Anyway thanks again.
    Glad he's OK! I'll say that I don't even freak when DD gets 103+ anymore. You get used to it!
  • Glad it's nothing serious! 
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• I have this wonderful app called "my health pal." You tap on symptoms and it tells you if you should call 911, drive to er, call pedi right away or within 24 hours, or treat at home. It then gives tips for treating at home.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"