Cloth Diapering

Do we read anymore?

I know I'm probably the last person who should be asking this since I didn't read the last book club selection and didn't really like the one before that, but are we going to do another round of book club?

Re: Do we read anymore?

• I was thinking the same thing!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I was just wondering this. I've been watching entirely too much TV lately.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I'm supposed to get a kindle for my birthday. So in addition to buying all the diapers, I will need to read all the books.
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

• freezorburnfreezorburn member
    edited April 2014
    So much good TV on right now! New season of Mad Men! And I'm really into Vikings. And, we're only halfway through the last season of How I Met Your Mother here in the UK.

I'm trying to read the first book in the Inspector Montalbano series. The whole series inspired this Italian procedural TV show that DH loves to watch. I gave him the first three books in the series for Christmas and he loved them. If I can only get more than 15 minutes of uninterrupted reading time I actually might be able to get into them.
  • I'm reading the strain trilogy right now. But will def need books once LO gets here.
    @ovenrack‌ The book club is open to anyone! Especially if they will host the weekly checkin and provide discussion questions!!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I'm game to host another one if you guys are interested.
  • I'm in the middle of The Night Circus and The Clash of Kings. I also started Mystic River.
  • I thought about this the other day, but I'm currently trying to read a different book that is an easy read and I'm bumping too much to read.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• So much good TV on right now! New season of Mad Men! And I'm really into Vikings. And, we're only halfway through the last season of How I Met Your Mother here in the UK.

I'm trying to read the first book in the Inspector Montalbano series. The whole series inspired this Italian procedural TV show that DH loves to watch. I gave him the first three books in the series for Christmas and he loved them. If I can only get more than 15 minutes of uninterrupted reading time I actually might be able to get into them.

I've never been real into Vikings, but I just about cheered the one chick who stabbed her husband in the eye.

• sarenu1 said:
    I'm in the middle of The Night Circus and The Clash of Kings. I also started Mystic River.

Ooooh, I loved Night Circus!

• sarenu1 said:
    I'm in the middle of The Night Circus and The Clash of Kings. I also started Mystic River.

Ooooh, I loved Night Circus!

It's been contributing to me not getting to bed timely.
  • I have zero time to read. I want to! I used to be so smart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Mapleme said:

I've started Cuckoo's Calling, but keep having trouble focusing on it (like everything else in my life). I would be more motivated if it were a book club book :D Or on a different book club book, really.

I've been in the middle of this for months.
  • N_KozN_Koz member
    I sacrifice sleep for books all the time I am game. 

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
  • I like to read!  When my babe allows it.  I just started the first couple chapters of the Divergent series.  (Haven't seen the movie.) 
  • ChichigoChichigo member
    edited April 2014
    My IRL book club read Divergent a few months ago. But we never talk about the books when we have kids to brag about and husbands to bitch about.
    ETA: except for the time we read Fifty Shades of Grey. The least literary book led to the best discussion.

• Mapleme said:
    I think someone (@stoneycakes?) should take charge and create a clicky poll of book suggestions.
    This is a great idea, but we need suggestions first. Since I'm up early, I'll start a thread if that's not stepping on your toes, Stoney. (PS Where have you been? Do we just pass like ships in the night all the time now? I feel like I never see you.)

• Mapleme said:
    I think someone (@stoneycakes?) should take charge and create a clicky poll of book suggestions.
    This is a great idea, but we need suggestions first. Since I'm up early, I'll start a thread if that's not stepping on your toes, Stoney. (PS Where have you been? Do we just pass like ships in the night all the time now? I feel like I never see you.)
    Not stepping on my toes at all!  I haven't been on quite as much as usual because I haven't been feeling well.  I've seriously caught like three or four awful colds in the last month. Every time I start feeling better, I get something else. I haven't been feeling like myself.

• Mapleme said:
    Not stepping on my toes at all!  I haven't been on quite as much as usual because I haven't been feeling well.  I've seriously caught like three or four awful colds in the last month. Every time I start feeling better, I get something else. I haven't been feeling like myself.
    Wow! You're here!! I have missed you! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Hopefully you're getting all your illnesses out of the way so you have a healthy rest of the year. And tell all those little germ buckets around you to wash their hands!

• Mapleme said:
    Wow! You're here!! I have missed you! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Hopefully you're getting all your illnesses out of the way so you have a healthy rest of the year. And tell all those little germ buckets around you to wash their hands!
    Thanks! Missed you, too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"