February 2014 Moms
Options

pooping while sleeping, do you wake them to change?

Just curious? DS2 pooped last night while sleeping and I wasn't sure if I should wake him or not. What are your thoughts? Hope this hasn't already been asked and answered. Since I returned to work I don't get much BUMP time. TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: pooping while sleeping, do you wake them to change?

• Options
    Yes. It kills me. But yes. Pee can wait, poo cannot.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    LO has mostly stopped pooping at night but she will occasionally and of course I always change her, I wouldn't want to sit in my own poop and as much as I hate it I just try to keep the lights really low and try not to talk to her or stimulate her, she usually falls back asleep quickly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kids have tough butts, so no. If they were more prone to rashes, I probably would wake them up.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    If I noticed I'd wake, but with LO in his crib I don't notice until he wakes us up because he's awake and hungry. When DS- started STTN we'd goop him up in balmex before bed because we wouldn't know he pooped until morning.
  • Options
    cattuccinocattuccino member
    edited April 2014
    I didn't weigh in on the other thread but I change for both. But I also don't dream feed, baby is awake when eating in the MOTN. My baby also doesn't sleep through the night and will wake on her own and if she has a dirty diaper, yes I'm going to change it. ETA: I misread. Once I notice dirty diaper I change, even if sleeping.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

My kids have tough butts, so no. If they were more prone to rashes, I probably would wake them up.

This. And I apply diaper rash cream at night just in case of this. It's not usually an issue with this one b/c she won't sleep thru poop. She really hates having poop on her. Of course there are exceptions. I woke up to a surprise poop this morning. Never heard her do it but it was a full load!

• Options
    I change my LO each time she wakes up to eat. I'll change poop if I hear it and it's not time to eat yet. Like PPs have said, I wouldn't want her to sit in it.
  • Options
    Dd farts loudly A LOT so I don't change her if she's out. Most of the time it's a fart and if she does poop, she will wake soon.

image image
  • Options
    I wake him. I wait until he is done, then I get everything ready to change him and if he still isn't awake after those few minutes then I wake him up. Sure, it's a PITA especially if it happens right after he falls asleep but I can't let him sit in it. 
  • Options
    My LO sleeps in her crib so in her nursery so I don't hear her poop.  She does wake up about 1 or 2 times in the MOTN and I change her each time before I feed her.  She is normally only wet but sometimes there is poop.  If I were to hear her poop I would change her for sure.  I don't want her to sit in it and she is pretty good at falling back asleep at night (with the exception of last night lol).
    http://lb1f.lilypie.com/tPU3m8.png

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I change LO as soon as possible and she usually dont wake up.
  • Options
    LO still wakes up a couple of times a night to eat, and we always change him before I feed him. Sometimes it's just wet, sometimes it's poopy.  I suppose if I heard him poop while sleeping I would change him, but I don't think I ever have...  Either he wakes up before he poops or I'm asleep also and don't hear him poop.
  • Options
    If I know for sure LO pooped I would wake him up to change him. That said I can't remember the last time I had to. Typically if he poops overnight I don't know about it until he wakes up for a feeding and he doesn't pass my sniff test. He could care less about sitting in a wet/ dirty diaper, so cover his toosh with desitin every night just in case he sneaks one past me.
    DS Born 10/5/11 TTC #2 starting 8/2012 BFP! 11/12/12 EDD 7/26/12... natural m/c 12/1/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If I know LO is poopy, I change the diaper. So far she's never been asleep and pooped without waking on her own but I'd wake her if need be. 

imageimage
  • Options
    It's been a couple weeks since we had an overnight poop, but when we had at least one a night I always changed. Now that she is just peeing I just change her in the morning.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"