Trouble TTC

Ok now what DH...so frustrated

I am so frustrated today. I couldn't even get out of bed to go to work. So DH really really wanted me to try the "natural" way to get pregnant for the last two cycles. In March his SA results were not very good (only 4% morph) but RE said let's repeat the results. DH already had such a rough time giving the first sample, he practically begged me to wait and see if we get pregnant naturally.
DH was convinced the SA results were a mistake because he has an 11 year old from a previous marriage. Well my RE has made it very clear that he will not put me on clomid or anything else until DH repeats his SA. So last month I ovulated on CD 21 very late but I did it and this month nothing, today is CD 21. My RE has stated that the egg quality and uterine lining diminishes with an ovulation this late. I NEED meds!!! I'm so tired of using the "we" sentences with DH. Because "I" am the one temping every morning and "I" am the one checking CM and "I" am the one taking a boat load of OPKs for 10-15 in my cycle because I never know when or if I'm going to ovulate.
Well DH has agreed to retake SA this weekend. But these last 2 months have been stressful and complete waste. I'm just so upset with my ovaries, my hormones, my DH, my DH's sperm just everything!
Ugh! Sorry ladies I just had to get that out.
Me: +35 DH: +35
TTC: Since January 2013 
DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
TX: Metformin
DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
  • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
  • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
  • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
  • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
  • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
  • Finally ovulating on my own!!
Waiting to start IVF hopefully
**********All Are Welcome**************
3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

Re: Ok now what DH...so frustrated

• I'm so sorry! Keeping track of O is so annoying, especially when it comes late and we're just wishing it would come. :(

Maybe the "wasted" cycles could be reframed as 2 months spent allowing DH to come to terms with the diagnoses? It's not very logical to think that having a biological child should mean great SAs a decade down the road, so maybe he just needs time to open his mind to the situation?

LOL about the "we" statements, by that point I think I'd be ready to use not only "I" statements but even the dreaded accusatory "you" statements - "You" don't have to hold your pee to POAS day after day, "you" are not the only one disappointed with test results, and "you" should just go play your favorite independent game at the dr's office so "I" can take body-altering drugs...and then maybe "we" can get pregnant!

Sorry no one is cooperating with you (from the ovaries to the hormones to the DH). I hope everything shapes up and flies right very soon! :)

January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • I like what @BunnyBerry‌ said about reframing the past two months as an opportunity for your husband to come to terms with things.

On the other hand, I think it's time to lay down the law. You aren't really asking much, and waiting is not going to help the situation. I'd have a come-to-Jesus meeting if the problem continued. But, I'm pretty forward.

I hope he goes through with it and you can move on.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Loading the player...
  • I am sorry that you are going through that. I went through the same kind of thing getting my husband on board with IVF. I finally had to tell him how I felt, and I was really blunt and honest. I'm sure it upset him but he really understood my frustration after that.
    It's great that he agreed to get the 2nd SA done!

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• calindi said:
    I am so sorry. Sometimes when DH and I aren't communicating well, I will write him a letter. I can then edit and sit on it. Often I then use some of that phrasing to talk to him, but other times I just give him the letter to read. Maybe how frustrated you are feeling because he isn't getting on the "we are going to solve this together" train would be one of those topics? Glad he's finally going to do the SA.
    This! Sometimes, we just can't come up with the right words on the spot when you're emotionally invested. I have been known to do this when I had a lot to say and didn't know how to say it.
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • TTCBabyJTTCBabyJ member
    edited April 2014
    Thank u all for the great advice...@calindi I think the letter is a great idea...I get so emotional talking about IF with DH.
    Me: +35 DH: +35
    TTC: Since January 2013 
    DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
    TX: Metformin
    DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
    Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
    HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
    Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
    • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
    • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
    • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
    • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
    • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
    • Finally ovulating on my own!!
    Waiting to start IVF hopefully
    **********All Are Welcome**************
    3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

• I'm so sorry.  I totally understand; it gets so frustrating when it is a challenge to get on the same page with your DH especially when they may not understand what you are going through every day with doctors, charting, etc.  I'm glad your DH has agreed to do the SA and I hope that he gets to a place where he is more comfortable giving samples.  Best wishes to you!
    Me:30 (anovulatory and mild endometriosis)   DH: 33 No issues
    Married 7/15/12
    Began TTC 3/2013
    First appointment with RE 7/2013
    8/2013 benched w/ cyst
    9/2013 100mg clomid w/ menopur/cancelled due to 15+ foll.
    10/2013 25 mg. clomid w/trigger shot/2 foll. canceled IUI
    11/2013 benched w/cyst
    12/2013 25 mg. clomid w/trigger shot and IUI 3 foll. BFN
    1/2014 25 mg. clomid w/ trigger shot and IUI 2 foll. BFN
    2/2014 took off-too emotionally drained
    3/2014 25 mg. clomid w/ trigger shot and IUI 2 foll. BFN
    4/2014 injectibles w/ trigger and prog. inserts  2 foll. BFP!!! 
    4/21/14 Beta #1 715 (18 dpo)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"