September 2014 Moms

~*Plus Size Check-In*~

Hey there pretty mama's! I totally forgot that today was Wed...I'm all screwed up this week!

Anyway, how's everyone feeling these days? 

Since I'm lacking in any sort of creativity today, let's brainstorm some future topics that you guys would like to talk about. I've been trying to focus on plus-size topics, since we generally have a harder time finding clothes, don't get the cute bump, have to watch our weight, etc....but at this point, I'm open for any sort of suggestions!
{Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
{DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
~Love and Light to everyone~ 
image image
My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image

Re: ~*Plus Size Check-In*~

• I got nothing.

19 weeks today - feeling great, have only gained a few lbs, and BP was still awesomely low at Friday's appt. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I feel like a fatass and have gained 12 pounds at 19 weeks. That's all I got today.
  • Loading the player...
  • AccioKittyCat!  I am 19 weeks and I've gained 13 pounds.  It's hard to wrap my head around and I can't say that I'm feeling great about my body, but my pregnancy has been going really well!  I just wish the weight gain would slow down a bit.  I'm trying to watch what I eat and am exercising as much as I can (or have the energy for). 

Anywho, I have my anatomy scan next Wednesday, which I'm excited about!

Ashley
    Blogging at Coffee Cake and Cardio
  • I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and we had our anatomy scan yesterday and we are having a boy! I'm happy but not quite excited yet. I keep seeing all the cutesy stuff for girls and that's kinda sad. Everyone says next time but seriously doubt we can afford 2 babies in day care and more fertility treatments. Sorry for my rant!

I bought 2 pairs of maternity pants on zulily and they're like polyester or something. Too loud to walk around a quiet office and my this rubbing together haha
  • Feeling mostly good....except for carpal tunnel :( Appt tomorrow, so I'll let my doc know. Bump is noticeably bigger :) A/S on Monday - can't wait!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @RobynD99 rant away! DH and I have been discussing the same things...we want a large family, but if we have to go through fertility treatments every time, we're not sure we can swing it. Congrats on the baby boy! We were initially hoping for a boy, but are just so happy that we're finally pregnant and we're totally enamored with our little girl already :-)

I'm doing well this week. 19 weeks tomorrow and this heartburn is still awful. I'm finding that it's usually when my stomach starts to empty, so I've been trying to eat every 1.5-2 hours and that seems to help a bit. The big problem is at night since I don't want to eat right before bed. 
    My weight gain has actually come to a grinding halt...which I'm very happy about. I was 222 when I got the BFP and have maintained at 235 for the past 2 weeks. I was worried about the early 12lb gain, but the OB didn't seem concerned at my last appt since I hadn't gained much since my first appt there.
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    image image

image image
  • Is anyone else getting regular growth scans because of BMI? My OB said I would be, but I didn't last time and my weight isn't that much different this time.

I'm 19w3d and feeling ok. Still down about 10-13lbs from pre-pregnancy (depending on the day/time of day) and not really showing at all yet. I popped during week 19 with DS1, so I'm a little surprised. I also have an anterior placenta this time, so although I'm feeling movements, it's much less often than with DS1.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyName Ticker Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • @brittneyandadam‌ did u do ivf or iui? We did 4 rounds of iui, clomid and ovidrel. So I think we will never be able to do it naturally since I've never been regular even when I was less plus size :-)
  • Feeling good at this time! Had our 20 week scan Tuesday and everything looked great! LO kept trying to use my placenta as a blanket, lol. I only gained 1 pound this past month and he's kicking up a storm this morning, so all is well! :)

• Ashley, I just bookmarked your blog. Thanks!

What ARE some positive things about being plus sized and pregnant? All I can think of right now is not having to worry about being underweight/not gaining enough weight, but that can't be it, right?
  • 18 weeks and dealing with second wave of ms. Not cool man! We leave odark early for nc tomorrow for stepdaughter's bday and Easter. I should enjoy this I think this will be my last comfortable road trip until after baby.

I'm still 5 lbs down from BFP. I feel like this was my pre holiday weight, so I'm just saying I'm maintaining right now. I'm walking more now the weather is nicer, and started prenatal yoga class on Fridays.

Plus for being plus size? Um..... H loves curves haha. And he thinks my ass is awesome while pregnant... That's all I got.

@aggiefrau08 - I was told I'll be coming in weekly to be put on the fetal monitor a few weeks sooner due to my bmi.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • A positive about being plus sized (maybe?):  People don't know I'm pregnant unless I have told them.  So I don't have random people trying to tell me about being pregnant or trying to touch me or anything like that.  That's kind of a plus, right?  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 16 weeks and change, and I feel awful. I've still got m/s about every other day, and now I've got a head cold and a migraine. I have an appointment in a half hour, thank goodness.. Although I am frustrated about it. They called me last night at 4:45 to let me know the doctor decided I didn't need the GD screening this morning since I had been losing weight and there were no key tones in my urine and no family history. On one hand I am relieved, on the other I am one of those people who likes to know what's happening at an appointment before I go in... so now I guess I'm just going in for a regular check up? On the other hand I feel awful for other women in the waiting room since I have a feeling I am just a giant germ today. I think when I leave today I'll know when my A/S is supposed to be.. so I'm looking forward to that I guess.
  • Hey all...

Im feeling pretty good.  Still have the hip and back pain but surprsingly its gotten better over the last few weeks. 

One thing that has been happening the last couple of days is brief, pulse like discomfort in just one area of my abdomen. Middle right.  I dont think its RLP though it could be.  Its got me a little nervous, but its not super painful, just uncomfortable.  I have an U/S on Saturday otherwise I might call my dr about it.  Anyone else have anything similar?

Still managing the Gestational Diabetes the best I can.  My blood sugar numbers have all been pretty decent not awesome but not bad at all.  Im waiting on a call from the MFM Dr to see if they want to see me or if its going to wait.  
    Im down 10 lbs, my dr said not to worry about it at all

@auggiefrau08 I am having monthly growth U/S starting Saturday (this will be my 3rd U/S in total) basically because of the gestational diabetes.  I also have to do a fetal echocardiogram a few times a month.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• I'm feeling good for the most part. Seem to be getting headaches daily, but nothing unmanageable. Excitingly, I'm pretty sure I started feeling the baby move! Being a FTM, it's still hard for me to tell if it's the baby I'm feeling, but it doesn't feel like any gas I've ever felt before. It happens typically while I'm sitting and after eating.

I'm still down in weight from my BFP, but I'm up 3 lbs since the last Tuesday. I've been just eating what I want, but I'm starving and wanting everything now, so I'm probably going to have to start tracking what I'm eating to control my weight gain.

• amy006amy006 member
    edited April 2014

I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow and feeling pretty good.

I had dropped about 8-9 lbs right away because of the lovely ms. Then I had a really stressful personal situation around 11-12 weeks that made me lose an additional 5-6lbs in a week. Since then I gained back about 4, but have been around the same weight for the last 3 weeks. However, my tummy is definitely expanding! Still putting off maternity clothes for the time being though.

I'll try to help think of some topics...but as of now, I've got nothing!

Edit - computer issue...nothing posted.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Pregnancy Ticker
  • RobynD99 said:

@brittneyandadam‌ did u do ivf or iui? We did 4 rounds of iui, clomid and ovidrel. So I think we will never be able to do it naturally since I've never been regular even when I was less plus size :-)

We did 5 rounds of iui with Femara. They were hesitant to start me on injectables b/c my dx is PCOS so there would be a risk of multiple eggs. My periods were still considered "regular" but they ranged from 30-38 days with only a 5-9 day luteal phase. The other thing is b/c of my chromosomal abnormality, we'd have to do a CVS and genetic testing for every pregnancy.
    image image

image image
  • Ashley, I just bookmarked your blog. Thanks! What ARE some positive things about being plus sized and pregnant? All I can think of right now is not having to worry about being underweight/not gaining enough weight, but that can't be it, right?
    I guess a plus for me (this time) is that I'll be getting so many ultrasounds! It's nice that I don't gain much, but I think that has more to do with genetics and the fact that I have m/s the whole time than anything I'm actively doing due to my weight.
    BabyName Ticker Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • aggiefrau08aggiefrau08 member
    edited April 2014
    mrsH1112 said:
    Hey all...

Im feeling pretty good.  Still have the hip and back pain but surprsingly its gotten better over the last few weeks. 

One thing that has been happening the last couple of days is brief, pulse like discomfort in just one area of my abdomen. Middle right.  I dont think its RLP though it could be.  Its got me a little nervous, but its not super painful, just uncomfortable.  I have an U/S on Saturday otherwise I might call my dr about it.  Anyone else have anything similar?

Still managing the Gestational Diabetes the best I can.  My blood sugar numbers have all been pretty decent not awesome but not bad at all.  Im waiting on a call from the MFM Dr to see if they want to see me or if its going to wait.  
    Im down 10 lbs, my dr said not to worry about it at all

@auggiefrau08 I am having monthly growth U/S starting Saturday (this will be my 3rd U/S in total) basically because of the gestational diabetes.  I also have to do a fetal echocardiogram a few times a month.
    I didn't have GD last time (don't know yet this time), otherwise I would totally understand. I'm not complaining, I was just surprised since they didn't do that last time. She said it was strictly due to my BMI. They will be every 4 weeks, though, so I guess the practice is just being more proactive about it this time. 

Also, I've been having similar pains like that, but I was attributing it to the small cyst they apparently found in my left ovary. I will be discussing that more at my appointment next week.
  • kelbel716 said:

This is late, sorry - missed the boat this week.

Things are good overall. I actually have no idea what my weight is for the last couple weeks. The scale was giving me way to much anxiety so I've been focusing on choosing healthy foods and doing physcial activity and we'll see how things look at my a/s next week. My clothes are still fitting really well (everywhere but the bump), so I'm using that as my indicator instead.

Positive of starting out plus sized is that pregnancy will not be the first stretch marks in my life, so I find I'm not very worried about them. I wouldn't say I like them, but I at least think they'll be less alarming this go round :)

This too!  I already had stretch marks on my stomach from weight gain and loss.  So when people were telling me "make sure you use Palmers blah blah blah" I was thinking "yeah, I'm just not that worried about it... so far it looks like the ones I already had are stretching, not getting new ones anyway.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsH1112 I have experienced the EXACT same pain in the exact same spot.  I actually ended up seeing my OB about it and he said it was round ligament pain.  He wasn't worried, but I know everyone is different.  Hopefully they'll be able to answer any questions about it at your next appointment.

My doctors said that any pain that last longer than 5-10 minutes at one time or happens like clockwork is what he's concerned about.

I hope you're feeling well!

Ashley
    Blogging at Coffee Cake and Cardio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"