C-sections
Options

Vertical Incision

Hello ladies,

Just wondering if anyone had a vertical incision c-section here? I had 2 before that were the bikini line, but this one is planned to be a vertical (since they want to avoid the bladder area which was damaged the last time).

Can i still get a spinal? How is the recovery after? Obviously its bye bye bikinis, not that I've worn one since i had 2 kids :). Just woned

Re: Vertical Incision

• Options
    I'm interested in this too as my OB warned me that a vertical incision could happen so they don't cut through the monster fibroid that has taken up residence in there. It may move of course but she warned me so I'm curious. 
    Master of 'the look' 
  • Options
    Are you sure the external incision will be vertical? I'm not positive but I think they can sometimes do a traditional bikini cut outside but the internal would be vertical. May be worth asking?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    dmessdmess member
    Thank you for the suggestion but dr said for sure outside vertical as well. They want to stay as far away from my bladder as possible.
  • Options
    HelsHels member
    I had a vertical incision on the inside (ute) and a standard bikini on the outside (same scar as my first c/s ).  Same procedure as a normal c-section for me. Recovery was also exactly the same. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"