Multiples
Options

Jealousy ... is it my imagination?

My five-month-olds have reached the stage where they're developing *wants* rather than just *needs* ... which means they want to be held all the time and fuss when they're not. Often when I hold one I think the other starts fussing more. They'll look at me and their brother with an unhappy expression. Am I imagining this, or is it really possible for them to be jealous of each other already?
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image

Re: Jealousy ... is it my imagination?

• Options
    Mine are the same age and have been doing the same thing. Also they want to stand constantly and if one is holding my fingers standing the other cries because he wants to as well. It's frustrating and my arms are beyond tired.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • Options
    It started closer to 7 months, for us, but I am sure it's possible. It's been really bad since they turned a year (about three months now) - If someone is holding Simon, Jamie wants them to hold him, too - if Jamie comes to sit with the person holding Simon, Simon immediately wants to be held by someone else. Jamie likes to share everything - he will take things from Simon and give things to Simon at random. Simon has no interest in sharing and freaks out if James has something that he was playing with before. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Rynleigh that reminds me of my two year old ... if he's in a bad mood and sees someone holding a baby then that person--no one else--must "PICK MICHAEL UP!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    Yes! I've been noticing it a bit with one of mine.  He seems to give me the stink eye if I pick up his brother, who tends to care less.  They also just turned 5 months.  
  • Options
    @AshB62‌ exactly the same in my house! Evie will try to pull Penelope off of me. And if I tandem, they pull each other's hair. They will steal each others mum's cookies and toys.
    But then if one comes into the room, the minute they lock eyes, they're all smiles for each other.
  • Options
    ceechie said:
    @AshB62‌ exactly the same in my house! Evie will try to pull Penelope off of me. And if I tandem, they pull each other's hair. They will steal each others mum's cookies and toys. But then if one comes into the room, the minute they lock eyes, they're all smiles for each other.
    Ha - same here. :)
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"