Baby Names

Baby names

we are expecting in July we are between the names Jaxon Charles or Meyer (Myer) Charles any feedback we are also willing to take new name suggestions!!! We want something a lil different but not too crazy w the middle name Charles or michael

Re: Baby names

• Well not Jaxon. Is Myer a family name or something? It is a pretty common last name so it's a little odd to use it if it has no signifigance. I'd assume without knowing you that it was your maiden name.

Your middle names are great. We probably have very different tastes based on your first name choices but I'll try. Here's what I like with Charles and Michael.

Henry Charles
    Judas Michael
    Jude Michael
    Abram Charles
    Bennett Michael
    Nathan Charles
    Finley Michael

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I agree with pp: Jaxon is horrible (Jackson is good), and Meyer is odd unless there is family significance.

Timothy Charles
    Philemon Charles
    Allen Charles
    Dennis Charles
    Daniel Charles
    Nicholas Charles
    Ryan Charles

• Loading the player...
  • My vote goes to Charles Michael.

Please do not do Jaxon. Please.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Thanks!!! I do like a lot of the names, Jude I know my husband would like but we have a family friend thats a Jude.....my husband also brought up the names sutton and cohen.....any feedback
  • MauiBliss said:
    Please not Jaxon. I could maybe get behind Jackson but this juvenile spelling is just trying too hard. And Meyer...are you Jewish, by any chance? I ask because it's a Meir variant which is an old Yiddish/Hebrew name. 

Or are you just trying for the "last name as a first name" trend? 

ALL of this.

Also, if you take into consideration all of the spellings of "Jackson" (Jaxon, Jaxson, Jaxxon) the name was #2 in 2012-- so it's far from a little bit different.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• We like Jackson, jaxon, jaxson (spelled however) just the name in general paired w Charles, but now are looking for something else bc we think ppl are assuming it will be Jackson ( we were going to name our other son that) but last minute went w Levi.....Levi Joseph
  •  

aicila717 said:
    Thanks!!! I do like a lot of the names, Jude I know my husband would like but we have a family friend thats a Jude.....my husband also brought up the names sutton and cohen.....any feedback

Do a quick google search on the name Cohen. 

I actually quite like Sutton.  If you like the LN as FN trend, why not consider

Sawyer

Sullivan

Finnegan

Campbell

Collins

Weston

Parker

Walker

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• MauiBliss said:

aicila717 said:

Thanks!!! I do like a lot of the names, Jude I know my husband would like but we have a family friend thats a Jude.....my husband also brought up the names sutton and cohen.....any feedback

Absolutely not Cohen. Ever. 

I don't like Cohen, but what's the back story on why you guys dislike it? I'm pretty clueless on name associations.

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran

•  

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• catahoulattecatahoulatte member
    edited April 2014
    I actually kind of like Sutton (on a boy only) for you. Not my style, but it's about 1,000 times better than Jaxon.

@lauralew IDK if this is the usual article posted, but it gives the general reasons why one shouldn't go with Cohen:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/05/05/the-big-baby-naming-battle.html

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Just recapping
    -Jaxon is horrible
    -Myer/Meyer isn't great either
    -Cohen is offensive to an entire population of people
    -Sutton actually isn't that bad

Like PPs suggestions of Sullivan, Finnegan and Bennett and adding Reed, Brooks, Kellan, Everett, Owen and Maxwell
  • Thanks, @helenahhandbasket @catahoulamom and @mauibliss  That is definitely a good reason to avoid the name.

Justin + Laura 10.18.08

• Thanks everyone
  • Bryce, Liam, Greyson.
  • I agree with PP re: Jaxon. Very trendy and quite common. Meyer is NMS.

Sutton isn't too bad and pairs well with your middle names. I like Bryce too.

Liam is very popular currently and Greyson is a bit trendy too so may not fit with your criteria of something a little different. 

Other suggestions that may fit your style:

Davis
    Callum
    Perry
    Anderson
    Carter
    Parker
    Reid
    Cooper
    photo OfficeMeme_zpsd9ca2829.jpg
  • nittanyllamanittanyllama member
    edited April 2014
    I strongly dislike Jaxon and Meyer and as stated above you should avoid Cohen.

I'm suggesting/endorsing Davis, Reid, Cooper, Carter, Elliott, Bennett, Dawson, Finn, Griffin, Jonah, Oscar, Sullivan.
    aicila717 said:
    Bryce, Liam, Greyson.
    Are you asking about these? Liam is very popular, Greyson is very trendy. I like Bryce.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • femmepinkfemmepink member
    edited April 2014
    Hate Jaxon or any form of that name. It's so overdone. Charles is an awesome name and the name I'd suggest you consider as a first name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Not Jaxon. 

I can actually kind of get behind Meyer, but it does immediately make me think of Meyer Lansky, which may not be an association you want for your child.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Out of them I like Sutton the best.
    How about Harrison?
  • We have a Harrison in the family :/
  • I do actually like all of them that were listed but eliott and Oscar....I just gotta get some to rub off on the hub haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"