December 2013 Moms
Options

Hosting Easter

So I really don't know what I got myself into. I'm hosting Easter this year and trying to get as much prepared in advance as possible between my 2 year old and LO.
Anyone have any good appetizer ideas? I'm tired of the same old stuff.

Re: Hosting Easter

• Options
    ScarlettVScarlettV member
    edited April 2014
    All the Pinterest go to's. it's more 'easy to throw together' stuff rather than make in advance though.

• Options
    If I'm overwhelmed my go-to appetizer is a good stopped cheese plate with meats and nuts added if I think we need more. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What are you serving for an actual meal?
  • Options
    Prepare in advance meaning that I try to do most Italian stuff like the lasagna etc..the night before. This way my oven is free for the roasted fresh ham and the other sides.
    I'm gonna take a stab at pintrest but I am loving the super easy cheese and meat idea! No cooking required = awesome!
  • Options
    So my menu is: a roasted fresh ham with a red wine (Barolo) with rosemary garlic glaze. Potatoes au gratin honey glazed carrots and corn fritters. Fresh asparagus salad.
    Lasagna and chicken cutlet Parmesan served with penne pasta.
  • Options
    Is that an OR or all of that...it's like two whole meals! Cut one out! Sounds yummy.
  • Options
    Costco has a rosemary flat bread that is fantastic. I'm making flat bread pizza and cutting it into bite size pieces. This will get me around most dietary restrictions with sorries to the gluten free people. (My family has an insane amount of restrictions: gluten, dairy, soy, apples, avocado, nuts, and two vegans.)
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    micinomicino member
    edited April 2014
    It's an all. We like to eat ;)That isn't even desserts. That's another ball game. ( but I love doing desserts)

That is why apps must be easy
  • Options
    I always make bite size caprese salads. 2 grape tomatoes, 2 moZarella balls, some basil on a skewer drizzled with oo and balsamic vinegar and a little s&p.. Yum.
  • Options
    That is one I usually do.The problem is the tomatoes here arent really in season yet
  • Options
    A cheese/meat antipasto platter should be what you do...you don't need more than that.
  • Options
    Holy feast @micino‌! Can we come??
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"