September 2012 Moms
Options

Rain boot update!

This morning I went it to speak to Beckett's teacher. On Monday she told him that he could only wear rain boots if it was raining and allegedly said that he was too old for silly games. My kid is pretty honest so I think she did say it, but he's also 6 so I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. This morning I asked her why she told Beckett he couldn't wear rain boots anymore. She said,"I never said that, I didn't even know that Beckett had rain boots." Then I mentioned that he has worn them to school every single day since September and she said that she never noticed and he can wear whatever, she doesn't care.

So I guess I feel good because he can continue wearing the rain boots, but I also feel like his teacher just lied to my face.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14

Re: Rain boot update!

• Options
    Yeah, I find it hard to believe she "didn't notice" the kid wearing the same boots every day for 8 months. Well, I'm glad you confronted her and I guarantee that's the last he'll hear about the boots from her. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    Luckily school is close to over, I could deal with her until then. If I thought the teacher lied to me at the beginning of the year, not sure what I would do. Sucky but glad she told you he can wear what he wants.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh, at 6, I would also believe my child that something was definitely said.  I agree she probably lied to you.

But at least he can wear rain boots and the school year is close to over!  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    What an unobservant teacher. Glad that Becks gets to wear his rain boots!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Weird.  I have a hard time believing that she didn't notice daily rain boots, too!  Glad he can keep wearing his faves:)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Huh?  She didn't notice his rain boots?  Are there 100 kids in his class?  You see the same kids everyday for how many hours.  That's weird.  I work on a college campus and see the same student wearing gold pants a couple times a month.  You notice things like rain boots, gold pants, etc.

Let's hope the next 2 months fly by and that he doesn't have to see her again.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Ugh. I'm glad he gets to keep rocking his rain boots, but I'm sorry you were lied to. There's no way a teacher didn't notice rain boots every day.  8-|

• Options
    edited April 2014
    AlinnJo said:

Ther is absolutely NO WAY she didn't realize he wore rain boots every day. No way. When I taught K, I knew exactly when every kid got new shoes or wore the same shoes every day. She sees those kids all day long. That makes me so angry that she could lie to you like that or be so uncaring. Glad the school year is almost over and he can wear what he pleases. Hopefully he gets an awesome teacher next year! Good job mama!

Seriously, I notice that he loves his rain boots just based on IG pictures, there is no way she didn't. So either she lied to you or she clearly doesn't pay any attention to her students, both of which are huge issues!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She sounds awful. At least he gets to wear his boots!
  • Options
    Yay for rain boots! :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    Yeah, another vote for the teacher being full of sh*t. But glad it worked out in his favor!

• Options
    Yep, it sounds to me like she lied too.  I thought yesterday that she sounds like a bully and would likely back down if confronted by someone she can't push around.  Anyway, glad Becks got what he needs and hopefully you don't have to deal with her anymore.
  • Options
    Hmm...well at least the rain boots should no longer be an issue! I also think there's no way she didn't notice but like PP have said at least this school year is getting close to being done. I would definitely talk to the principal about your concerns at the end of the year though so he/she knows what this teacher is doing. especially the back to school talk about no rewards. I hope you don't have any more issues with her this year!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Nathan 9-5-12
  • Options
    Thank you for all of the rain boot love! I'm glad I said something, Becks was thrilled that he could go back to wearing the boots. Especially because he just got new ones.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    Well now you know for sure that she's eigther a liar or a terrible teacher because she pays no attention to her students. Whatever the case may be, I'm glad that he gets to wear the foot wear of his choice and I hope this teacher is long gone by the time Sawyer and #4 go to school! Let the countdown to Sumer vacation begin!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jenndub said:
    Thank you for all of the rain boot love! I'm glad I said something, Becks was thrilled that he could go back to wearing the boots. Especially because he just got new ones.
    @jenndub - So, on a related note, where do you buy his boots?  I want to get both boys a pair for the spring but don't know where to find cute boy ones.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    jenndub said:
    @jenndub - So, on a related note, where do you buy his boots?  I want to get both boys a pair for the spring but don't know where to find cute boy ones.  

I just ordered keagan a pair off of zappos. Also, I saw some in stride rite last week.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    She's a total liar and you rock for going in there and scaring her to the point of lying so he can wear his boots!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @kelbel527 I buy his boots on Amazon. Occasionally on Zulily. And at Target for the few months they have them in SD. We go through a lot of pairs in a year.

• Options
    I agree with all the PP.  As a middle school teacher, my case load is typically 120 - 140 students each year.   I can identify certain students based on a hoodie or t-shirt that they wear a lot (but not a daily basis).  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"