1st Trimester
Options

Sudden weakness and shakiness...a little freaked out

So I'm sitting at my desk feeling great one minute and all of a sudden I feel extremely weak and shaky. I'm trying to eat and I'm shaking so bad that the food is falling off the fork. I'm 9w1d today. I have eaten and I haven't had anything unusual. I haven't experienced anything like this...before I got pregnant or since I found out. Anyone else have this happen to them that might have some insight? I don't want to be the girl that calls the doctor for every little thing out of the ordinary :-S
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sudden weakness and shakiness...a little freaked out

• Options
    @excitedpreggo12 Thank you so much. I called my dr...waiting for a call back. I just had some saltines and so far I still feel crappy. Before I got pregnant, I had changed my lifestyle and I started eating 5-6 small meals in doing so. Glad I did because it's helping me with the pregnancy. Maybe I need to start adding a little more food to my meals though. For now I'll just try to relax while playing the dr waiting game.
  • Options
    Yeah, she called me back. Said it sounds like my blood sugar dropped and that it's nothing to be too concerned about. There's a few snacks I'll be adding to my grocery list this week so I can do my best to avoid that happening again. Got a few bite size pieces of chocolate from a co-worker and I'm feeling better already. Chocolate fixes everything :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely sounds blood sugar related. I'd suggest making sure you're getting a bit of protein throughout the day as well. I struggled with this in 1st tri too and now it's back in 3rd tri. Always keep a snack around you, just in case. Granola bars are good for the purse or a cheese stick.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had the same thing happen a few days ago...completely out of the blue got super shaky. A couple graham crackers fixed the problem, but I could definitely see why you were concerned. Hope you're feeling better!
    Married 07/2006, TTC since 2010
    08/2011: Clomid 50mg, IUI --> BFN  ,
    10/2011: Clomid 100mg, IUI --> BFN

04/13: Clomid, IUI BFP --> MC at 6w1d
    05/13: Femara 2.5mg, IUI --> BFN  , 08/13: Femara 2.5mg --> BFN
    03/14: Femara 5mg, IUI --> 1 follicle @ 27d --> BFP! EDD 12/02/14--> blighted ovum, missed MC 6w6d --> D&C
    4/23: D&C...starting over again, with a little part of my heart broken off
    5/31: Femara 7.5mg --> cancelled cycle, no follies
    7/14: Femara 5mg + brevelle + menopur + IUI --> converted to IVF, ER 7/28 --> ET cancelled due to severe OHSS.
    9/20/14:  Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP--> EDD 6/6/15 --> MC at 5w3d 

10/16/14: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFN
    2/6/15: Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP --> MC at 5w4d
    3/20/16: PGS-tested Frozen Embryo Transfer --> BFP, Living Child born 12/1/15
    6/6/17: Fresh IVF Cycle --> Severe OHSS, 5 PGS-tested embryos frozen
    2/23/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
    3/30/18: Cancelled cycle due to lining 4.2mm
    6/21/18: PGS-tested FET --> BFN
  • Options
    Get your iron levels checked. I've had a ferritin deficiency since week 9 and have been on supplements throughout my pregnancy. I used to get the same thing every morning until my levels evened out. Work got used to me going to lie across a sofa for a while, until my head stopped spinning.

They need to check your iron (haemoglobin) and your iron reserves (ferritin). My iron was fine but my reserves were dangerously low because I'm a vegetarian and have a little munchkin inside me taking all of my stuff.

Hope you get answers.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    Thanks ladies! Made sure to eat as soon as I got to work this morning and I'm continuing to eat every 2 hours. @awc1986...I have my next dr appointment on May 7th and I will definitely ask her to check my iron. I know I was once told that I was borderline anemic and that was before I got pregnant so I think it's definitely something I should look into!
  • Options
    Another cause may be sudden dilation of your blood vessels (which tends to be caused by surges in pregnancy-related hormones, e.g., estrogen).  Over the past several days (am in week 13), I've had some pretty crazy waves of dizziness, to the extent that I had to lie down on the floor in my office to recover. This has been regardless of my blood sugar/last snack, and my OB told me that it is likely to be caused by shifts in blood pressure. If you've had low blood pressure in the past, you are more likely to experience this.

However, my OB also said it is no cause for worry :) Totally normal, just take care of yourself and if you do feel faint/dizzy, get in a safe position so that you don't fall.  Which is on my list of "things to avoid doing in public while pregnant".  Good luck, OP!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."
    - Mae West
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"