High-Risk Pregnancy

Introduction

Hello Ladies,

I am a mother of 2 beautiful girls, both born via a csection. My last csection was in 2009 and was a complete disaster ending with an 8 hour reconstructive surgery to put me back together  and that's after 22 hours of labour. The recovery was hell but here I am 5 years later and doing fine.

My husband and I have been careful about not getting pregnant (not because we would not want another child but for fear of complications), but here I am 6 weeks pregnant. I had gone through numerous emotions in the last few days. From happiness to being terrified, from being excited that this is my way to have another child to considering other options.

There are lots of concerns I have and its scaring me to death to think of the next 7-8 months.

- I had high blood pressure with my last dd. At week 37 I was induced because it was too high. I am afraid that it will come back this time and potentially will make me have a preterm baby
- My placenta was "crap" in the words of my dr
- 22 hours of vbac ended up in a csection, bladder cut in half, shortened cervix, and hell recovery. I am now concerned about all the scar tissue there is and implications on the pregnancy

There are so many concerns i have and so little guarantees. I saw my OB yesterday and he seemed to have a very positive answer to everything. To be honest when I went to see him i was convinced he will talk me out of having this one but it turned out to be the opposite. He seems to be totally on board and very positive that we can do this.

I guess i don't know what i am asking in this post. Perhaps its just a vent.

Has anyone done anything (natural) to prevent high blood pressure in pregnancy? My ob is suggesting I go on a low dose of baby aspirin for the next 20 weeks. Is there anything natural that can be done as well? I've never had high blood pressure, even after my dd was born it went back to normal and has been optimal (my family dr said i could be an astronaut)

Thank you for reading my vent.

Re: Introduction

• Welcome to the board and congrats! I've heard that baby aspirin is helpful and magnesium supplements. I haven't tried either, but they are worth checking into. I only have HBP when pregnant and I'm on Aldomet with great results!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • Welcome and Cogratulations! I delivered DS in 2012 via c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia (high BP) with HELLP. My OB tells me I have a 40% chance of reoccurrence. I am monitoring it and trying to manage my stress. Ultimately, OB tells me I could do everything "right" and still develop it. They are monitoring me very closely. I have heard aspirin is good (actually, recently was a report on the news about this) however, it as not been suggested to me. I know it mst be frightening after your last experience, but it sounds as if your dr is very optimistic. I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't have suggestions on the HBP, but why would they induce you after you had a previous c-section? Is that why you have such a bad time with it?

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• dmessdmess member
    Yes, they induced me due to high blood preassure. I wanted to VBAC.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"